It is currently 21 Nov 2017, 08:50

Messe des Morts VII - Montreal, Nov. 23-25 
Metal Guru

Post Messe des Morts VII - Montreal, Nov. 23-25

Messe des Morts returns after the antifa street kid loser shitshow Graveland fiasco last year. 3 day passes on sale Friday.

Profanatica

Enthroned

Baptism

Arkhon Infaustus

Nargaroth

Hetroertzen

Gaahls Wyrd

Asagraum

Last edited by Blasphomet on 02 Aug 2017, 12:04, edited 7 times in total.

17 Jul 2017, 12:11
Metal Guru

Post Re: Messe des Morts VII - Montreal, Nov. 23-25
First band announcement.

Profanatica

So the time has come to start the announcements for the seventh editions of the Messe des Morts Fest, and we’re launching it all with a pioneer of American Black Metal, who was yet to visit us even though the band was formed more than 25 years ago. This situation will be corrected at last come late November, when Profanatica will be spewing its blasphemous BM on the faithful attending the festival…

17 Jul 2017, 12:22
Metal Guru

Interested to see Profanatica for sure!

They just added Enthroned, that's a very big meh for me.

Waiting for the Urfaust annoucement :) (I wish)

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=leave+the+hall

18 Jul 2017, 11:21
Metal Guru

ArckAngeLL wrote:
Interested to see Profanatica for sure!

They just added Enthroned, that's a very big meh for me.

Waiting for the Urfaust annoucement :) (I wish)

Lol I just said the exact same thing in the random metal thoughts thread. :lol:

18 Jul 2017, 12:29
Metal Guru

Despite a very active career (ten albums in close to 25 years), Belgium’s own Enthroned have made themselves scarce on this side of the ocean, and their only show ever in Montréal was seven years ago. So it is with great pride that we will witness the return of these Black Metal veterans during Messe des Morts, in what should be a highly intense show!

18 Jul 2017, 12:30
Metal Guru

Too bad I won't be in Canada at this time to go to this fest. This is now 7 yrs in a row where I have a damn scheduling conflict. November always represents the best time of year for me to go on vacation (work wise), so this is really starting to piss me off lol

I'm not so meh on Enthroned as others may be. Towards the Skullthrone of Satan and The Apocalypse Manifesto are, for me, simply glorious. They definitely were on a definite "meh" streak from basically Armored Bestial Hell onwards (despite Lord Sabathan being in the lineup for another few discs), but the last couple of records have been surprisingly strong. Would be great to see them live for sure.

18 Jul 2017, 14:29
Metal Guru

I did see some of their set back a bunch of years ago. Destroyer 666 opened for them and that's who I went to see. Left a bit of the way through Enthroned's set because I had a wedding to attend the next day.

19 Jul 2017, 00:38
Metal Guru

Blasphomet wrote:
I did see some of their set back a bunch of years ago. Destroyer 666 opened for them and that's who I went to see. Left a bit of the way through Enthroned's set because I had a wedding to attend the next day.

yeah but that was at the Opera House, a venue that makes every band sound the same, i.e. bass drums and vocals only. There were some notable exceptions to the rule, however, I feel like in those instances the band's brought their own sound guy.

19 Jul 2017, 06:29
Metal Guru

Since the beginnings of the fest, Finland has been without a doubt one of the countries which has been the most represented (and yes, France will be represented again this year!), which isn’t that surprising considering the quality of the Finnish Black Metal scene. This year, we have decided to bring back one of these groups, who had offered an incredible show during the third Messe des Morts: none other than Baptism!

19 Jul 2017, 23:18
Metal Guru

Blasphomet wrote:

Since the beginnings of the fest, Finland has been without a doubt one of the countries which has been the most represented (and yes, France will be represented again this year!), which isn’t that surprising considering the quality of the Finnish Black Metal scene. This year, we have decided to bring back one of these groups, who had offered an incredible show during the third Messe des Morts: none other than Baptism!

Cool, saw them in Chicago earlier this year with Acheron and that was a fun time. They were very good, although I must say I was rather drunk by the time they hit the stage

20 Jul 2017, 16:37
Metal Guru

Was away over the weekend and missed a few announcements. Here they are...

24 Jul 2017, 16:42
Metal Guru

After years of hibernation, Arkhon Infaustus has come back to the forefront this year by announcing the upcoming release of their first album in ten years as well as a handful of shows, and we could not miss that opportunity! The Frenchmen will pummel us with their powerful Death/Black Metal come late November, in what will be their first ever show in North America…

24 Jul 2017, 16:45
Metal Guru

Everyone who witnessed the 2.5 edition of the festival probably remembers the epic show Nargaroth gave that evening. Despite its immense popularity, the band has not come often to play in North America, as is the case for some other European outfits, so we decided, while working on the lineup of the fest, that the moment was ideal to have the band come back here after a few years for its seventh edition!

24 Jul 2017, 16:46
Metal Guru

If you don’t already know this group, you’ll probably make a hell of a discovery when you see them at the Festival! First invoked in Chile, and later re-localized in Sweden, Hetroertzen plays excellent, Occult Black Metal, perfectly blending the coldness of the classic ‘90s sound with more modern, dissonant and eerie atmospheres. The band will play in the country for the first time, and that show should not go unnoticed…

24 Jul 2017, 16:48
Metal Guru

So far nothing is really doing enough to make me overly enthused to go to this. Not compared to last year with Mgla, Cult of Fire, Morrigan, Forteresse, and Graveland.

Baptism is leading the way here so far, but I imagine Nargaroth is a headliner and I don't care nearly enough about that band. Not really sure why people to beg the organizer every year for them... maybe I'm missing something when it comes to Nargaroth.

24 Jul 2017, 16:55
Metal Guru

Arkhon Infaustus for me,but yeah, nothing special.

24 Jul 2017, 17:58
Profile WWW
Metal Guru

ARSEFACE. wrote:
Arkhon Infaustus for me,but yeah, nothing special.

I'd def be down for Profanatica, but as I mentioned... they are looking like they are playing the Thursday.

24 Jul 2017, 18:51
Metal Guru

I haven't heard them. I know they share a member with Havohej, who are the cringiest BM band I've ever heard. :lol: Do the rise above this?

24 Jul 2017, 18:53
Profile WWW
Metal Guru

ARSEFACE. wrote:
I haven't heard them. I know they share a member with Havohej, who are the cringiest BM band I've ever heard. :lol: Do the rise above this?

I dig both. I'd say yes, better than Havohej though. Recent albums are solid black/death if you ask me.

24 Jul 2017, 22:31
Metal Guru

Only 20 weekend passes left by the sounds of it. Definitely not getting one of those. :lol:

26 Jul 2017, 11:20
Metal Guru

havohej over that other shit ARSEFACE.

26 Jul 2017, 14:40
Metal Guru

We are extremely proud to welcome one of Black Metal’s most iconic singers on the festival : none other than Gaahl! Coming over for the first time in North America with his new band, Gaahls Wyrd (featuring members of Trelldom, God Seed, Aeternus and Borknagar), the legendary frontman will offer a performance spanning his years in Gorgoroth, Trelldom and God Seed, a moment you definitely will not want to miss! And for those who might be worried, fear not, Gaahl has been approved to come into Canada!

31 Jul 2017, 14:14
Metal Guru

Making it easy to not bother going this year. Unless a band like Urfaust or something is announced and totally blows me a away, I don't plan on attending. Not based on these announcements.

31 Jul 2017, 14:16
Metal Guru

Blasphomet wrote:

We are extremely proud to welcome one of Black Metal’s most iconic singers on the festival : none other than Gaahl! Coming over for the first time in North America with his new band, Gaahls Wyrd (featuring members of Trelldom, God Seed, Aeternus and Borknagar), the legendary frontman will offer a performance spanning his years in Gorgoroth, Trelldom and God Seed, a moment you definitely will not want to miss! And for those who might be worried, fear not, Gaahl has been approved to come into Canada!

Good news to hear Gaahl has been approved to come into Canada. Hope this leads to a N/A tour. Been a long time since I've seen Gaahl perform live. Saw him perform as God Seed under the Gorgoroth name at Wacken 2008. Can't believe that was 9 years ago to the day.

02 Aug 2017, 10:29
Profile WWW
Metal Guru

Recently invoked in Europe, Asagraum has rapidly drawn attention on the Old Continent following the release of their first album as well as a string of shows, tours and festivals, so much so that the band’s first album, Potestas Magicum Diaboli, will be released on the label KVLT in September. Don’t let yourself be misled by the « all-women band » tag, Asagraum plays furious, pure Satanic Black Metal and nothing else!

02 Aug 2017, 12:00