It is currently 17 Nov 2018, 09:11



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 765 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 ... 31  Next
 Random Metal Thoughts......Individual Thought Patterns 
Author Message
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 15 Feb 2006, 23:26
Posts: 18846
Location: Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Post Re: Random Metal Thoughts......Individual Thought Patterns
This shit's fucking good man. I am just past the halfway point. Good mix of faster stuff with some really menacing slow sludge action. It's hitting me harder than anything since Death is this Communion right out of the gate. Not that that's everything, because the last two grew one me, and who knows what this one will do at this point. It's just a really engaging listen on my first go around, and HOF is normally a band that takes a few spins for to really floor me.


19 Oct 2018, 20:36
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 06 Oct 2006, 11:57
Posts: 6097
Post Re: Random Metal Thoughts......Individual Thought Patterns
Same here about the repeated listens. I didn't really liked "Snakes for the Divine" and I just kind of lost track of them after that but that new album keeps popping in friends discussions and it seems that I can't really avoid that one.


19 Oct 2018, 20:41
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 15 Feb 2006, 23:26
Posts: 18846
Location: Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Post Re: Random Metal Thoughts......Individual Thought Patterns
I like Snakes, but it's a weird HoF album for sure. To me, it's kind of like if The Gates of Slumber wrote an album and HoF played it. Not sure if that makes any sense, but if you want High on Fire, that probably isn't going to work out for you. I like it for what it is, but it isn't what I want when I want HoF. Anyway, the last two are good, and more in keeping with what you would want from HoF, and my first impression is that this one is better.

Uncle Acid is on deck


19 Oct 2018, 20:45
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 10 Nov 2005, 07:22
Posts: 29680
Post Re: Random Metal Thoughts......Individual Thought Patterns
It's kind of funny how on my iPod, when you browse by artists, it displays performer pics for some, and some of the artist display pics (which are automatic) don't match the band in question.

Dio has some black guy who appears to be an R&B singer, possibly hip-hop performer. Beneath (a brutal death metal band) displays a pic of some guy on bleachers, as opposed to the death metal band (I guess maybe there's some rapper or something who goes by that name?). Exodus, a similar scenario to Dio. It's really weird. I think they use the same artist pics iTunes uses for some performers if there's no album art. Either way, it's strange.


20 Oct 2018, 11:10
Profile WWW
Metal King
User avatar

Joined: 03 Jun 2003, 12:16
Posts: 56102
Location: Eastvale, CA USA
Post Re: Random Metal Thoughts......Individual Thought Patterns
I think today is a damn good day to jam to some Visigoth.

_________________
Image

Exorcist wrote:
He looks like he came in third in a fisting contest.


20 Oct 2018, 11:13
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 06 Oct 2006, 11:57
Posts: 6097
Post Re: Random Metal Thoughts......Individual Thought Patterns
The wait until the new Evoken is painfully long. I want it now!


20 Oct 2018, 11:49
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 10 Nov 2005, 07:22
Posts: 29680
Post Re: Random Metal Thoughts......Individual Thought Patterns
It's really surprising to find out the net worth of Alex Skolnick is $5,000,000, while Ace Frehley's net worth is $1,000,000. I even heard something about George "Corpsegrinder" Fisher having a net worth of $5,000,000; color me very skeptical on that one. ($500,000, I could believe, but $5,000,000?)


20 Oct 2018, 12:10
Profile WWW
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 09 Mar 2002, 21:00
Posts: 74966
Location: Ogdenville
Post Re: Random Metal Thoughts......Individual Thought Patterns
Required Fields wrote:
It's really surprising to find out the net worth of Alex Skolnick is $5,000,000, while Ace Frehley's net worth is $1,000,000. I even heard something about George "Corpsegrinder" Fisher having a net worth of $5,000,000; color me very skeptical on that one. ($500,000, I could believe, but $5,000,000?)


Ace is a degenerate coke fiend and booze hound, or at least he was for much of his career. I'm amazed that he has that much, if those numbers are true.

_________________
Blackjebus wrote:
Yeah, once you have AIDS you don't have to worry about AIDS anymore. Instead you have to worry about colds.


20 Oct 2018, 12:41
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 19 Jun 2006, 12:35
Posts: 19250
Location: Hell
Post Re: Random Metal Thoughts......Individual Thought Patterns
No Showdown tonight, going to see “Halloween “ :fukk: 8)


20 Oct 2018, 12:47
Profile
Metal King
User avatar

Joined: 03 Jun 2003, 12:16
Posts: 56102
Location: Eastvale, CA USA
Post Re: Random Metal Thoughts......Individual Thought Patterns
The Devil wrote:
No Showdown tonight, going to see “Halloween “ :fukk: 8)


You suck Bill.

_________________
Image

Exorcist wrote:
He looks like he came in third in a fisting contest.


20 Oct 2018, 13:02
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 06 Oct 2006, 11:57
Posts: 6097
Post Re: Random Metal Thoughts......Individual Thought Patterns
Can we at least get a replacement?


20 Oct 2018, 13:34
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 06 Nov 2004, 08:20
Posts: 10115
Post Re: Random Metal Thoughts......Individual Thought Patterns
Ace Frehely's lyrics make Stephen Pearcy's lyrics seem like Dani Filth's lyrics...

_________________
"The problem with socialism is that you eventually run out of other people's money" - Margaret Thatcher (1925-2013)


20 Oct 2018, 13:59
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 09 Mar 2002, 21:00
Posts: 74966
Location: Ogdenville
Post Re: Random Metal Thoughts......Individual Thought Patterns
taz wrote:
Ace Frehely's lyrics make Stephen Pearcy's lyrics seem like Dani Filth's lyrics...


Ouch! :lol:

_________________
Blackjebus wrote:
Yeah, once you have AIDS you don't have to worry about AIDS anymore. Instead you have to worry about colds.


20 Oct 2018, 14:58
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 19 Oct 2004, 11:40
Posts: 17136
Location: Quebec, Canada
Post Re: Random Metal Thoughts......Individual Thought Patterns
Anhur wrote:
This shit's fucking good man. I am just past the halfway point. Good mix of faster stuff with some really menacing slow sludge action. It's hitting me harder than anything since Death is this Communion right out of the gate. Not that that's everything, because the last two grew one me, and who knows what this one will do at this point. It's just a really engaging listen on my first go around, and HOF is normally a band that takes a few spins for to really floor me.


Totally and it's better after repeated listen. I kind of dig the more ''tribal'' Steps of the Ziggurat / House of Enlil .. we haven't had this in awhile. I have the strong feeling that this one had been made in one take or 2 max. You kind of have this adrenaline / live feeling all the way through Drowning Dog which is the more polished vocally speaking (and probably took more takes).

Tracks 5-6-7 are absolute monsters

Check Matt Pike saving rock'n roll with now this AND Sleep this year!

_________________
http://rateyourmusic.com/~Monos4
http://monos4.deviantart.com/
http://www.youtube.com/user/Monos4
https://bandcamp.com/monos4
https://grandaltarofsatanicwintergoats1.bandcamp.com/


20 Oct 2018, 16:08
Profile
Metal Guru

Joined: 15 Feb 2009, 12:59
Posts: 2877
Post Re: Random Metal Thoughts......Individual Thought Patterns
Since this is random metal thoughts....

This album is killing me lately.

Image
Thy Light - No Morrow Shall Dawn.

Hitting me like a mix of Anathema "Weather Systems" and the s/t Bethlehem album, but with other oddities thrown in.

Came out in 2013, just found randomly on YouTube about a month ago. Final track "The Bridge" would fit great on Weather Systems.

https://pestproductions.bandcamp.com/al ... shall-dawn

_________________
"I don't know, Witchvomit sounds pretty tough. I wouldn't want Witchvomit on me, shit has so much HPV in it. Sounds better than something ohhhh, like Holy Terror. Is the Terror blessed? Is it Halal?"


20 Oct 2018, 19:15
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 30 Jul 2009, 13:00
Posts: 16387
Location: The Depths of Hell
Post Re: Random Metal Thoughts......Individual Thought Patterns
mister slippery wrote:
Since this is random metal thoughts....

This album is killing me lately.

Image
Thy Light - No Morrow Shall Dawn.

Hitting me like a mix of Anathema "Weather Systems" and the s/t Bethlehem album, but with other oddities thrown in.

Came out in 2013, just found randomly on YouTube about a month ago. Final track "The Bridge" would fit great on Weather Systems.

https://pestproductions.bandcamp.com/al ... shall-dawn

Great album. Was on my year end list back then. Solid stuff.

_________________
Fear causes hesitation, and hesitation will cause your worst fears to come true.


20 Oct 2018, 20:06
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 09 Mar 2002, 21:00
Posts: 74966
Location: Ogdenville
Post Re: Random Metal Thoughts......Individual Thought Patterns
Hacavitz blew my mind apart today. It was kind of awesome.

_________________
Blackjebus wrote:
Yeah, once you have AIDS you don't have to worry about AIDS anymore. Instead you have to worry about colds.


20 Oct 2018, 22:39
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 12 Dec 2004, 08:29
Posts: 22117
Location: nj
Post Re: Random Metal Thoughts......Individual Thought Patterns
Exorcist wrote:
Hacavitz blew my mind apart today. It was kind of awesome.

nice. glad you checked them out, i'd love to see them live.

_________________
"the tyrant thrives when the first fucking fool salutes."


21 Oct 2018, 08:07
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 20 Feb 2002, 13:38
Posts: 40586
Location: S.O.N.W.D.
Post Re: Random Metal Thoughts......Individual Thought Patterns
Metal Archives down for everyone else?

_________________
-formerly known as Demonic Scientist-
Firefarter wrote:
unlimited buckets of fried chicken does not an orgy make


21 Oct 2018, 10:12
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 19 Jun 2006, 12:35
Posts: 19250
Location: Hell
Post Re: Random Metal Thoughts......Individual Thought Patterns
Big Metal Dude wrote:
Metal Archives down for everyone else?



Nope :? 8)


21 Oct 2018, 10:19
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 12 Dec 2004, 08:29
Posts: 22117
Location: nj
Post Re: Random Metal Thoughts......Individual Thought Patterns
The Devil wrote:
Big Metal Dude wrote:
Metal Archives down for everyone else?



Nope :? 8)

working for me.

_________________
"the tyrant thrives when the first fucking fool salutes."


21 Oct 2018, 10:24
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 24 Feb 2011, 14:26
Posts: 49643
Location: North Haverbrook
Post Re: Random Metal Thoughts......Individual Thought Patterns
Required Fields wrote:
It's kind of funny how on my iPod, when you browse by artists, it displays performer pics for some, and some of the artist display pics (which are automatic) don't match the band in question.

Dio has some black guy who appears to be an R&B singer, possibly hip-hop performer. Beneath (a brutal death metal band) displays a pic of some guy on bleachers, as opposed to the death metal band (I guess maybe there's some rapper or something who goes by that name?). Exodus, a similar scenario to Dio. It's really weird. I think they use the same artist pics iTunes uses for some performers if there's no album art. Either way, it's strange.


Carnage, also some rapper.

I truly is terrible. I've never complained about iTunes and shit until they changed it's appearance on my ipod, which including the automatica artist pics. It used to just pick an album from the folder and display that for the artist, and when listening all the colours on your the screen matched the colours of the album pic. It looked great. They they sat down and said to each other "let's make it look like shit instead". Terrible.


21 Oct 2018, 10:25
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 12 Dec 2004, 08:29
Posts: 22117
Location: nj
Post Re: Random Metal Thoughts......Individual Thought Patterns
the only big change i hated was when they took away the ability to choose a genre, and see a list of songs in that genre.

_________________
"the tyrant thrives when the first fucking fool salutes."


21 Oct 2018, 10:52
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 24 Feb 2011, 14:26
Posts: 49643
Location: North Haverbrook
Post Re: Random Metal Thoughts......Individual Thought Patterns
Unleashed kinda lost me last night when they played a song called Don't Want to Be Born. It's like dude, I'm in my 30's.


21 Oct 2018, 11:18
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 19 Jun 2006, 12:35
Posts: 19250
Location: Hell
Post Re: Random Metal Thoughts......Individual Thought Patterns
Leave your saxophone out of my metal :mad: :(


21 Oct 2018, 15:05
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 765 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 ... 31  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 14 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  


Google
 
Web www.bravewords.com

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by Vjacheslav Trushkin for Free Forums/DivisionCore.