It is currently 20 Aug 2018, 02:42



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ] 
 CHEAP TRICK - 07.14.2018 - Hello Wisconsin! 
Author Message
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 29 Nov 2004, 00:07
Posts: 8002
Location: Greater Chicagoland area
Post CHEAP TRICK - 07.14.2018 - Hello Wisconsin!
set list:
Hello There
Big Eyes
You Got It Going On
California Man
If You Want My Love
On Top of the World
Never Had A Lot to Lose
Ain't That a Shame (Fats Domino cover)
Blood Red Lips
The Summer Looks Good on You
Waitin' For the Man (Velvet Underground cover)
The Flame
I Want You to Want Me
Dream Police
Surrender
Auf Wiedersehen
Goodnight

Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

_________________
"Stairway to the stars, I think I'll write good health to you" - Albert Bouchard / Richard Meltzer / Donald Roeser


Last edited by strangeways on 19 Jul 2018, 20:09, edited 3 times in total.



17 Jul 2018, 19:32
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 30 Jul 2009, 13:00
Posts: 16049
Location: The Depths of Hell
Post Re: Cheap Trick 07.14.2018 Hello Wisconsin!
Love this band a metric shit ton. Zander is king.

_________________
Fear causes hesitation, and hesitation will cause your worst fears to come true.


17 Jul 2018, 20:32
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 30 Aug 2007, 15:41
Posts: 26679
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Post Re: CHEAP TRICK - 07.14.2018 - Hello Wisconsin!
Those guitars! :lol:

_________________
The True Fortress wrote:
As a true metalhead for almost 30 years, my patience for goofballs of your ilk has become dangerously low...You have no clue what heavy metal is and need to shoot yourself in the face.


17 Jul 2018, 21:59
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 12 Jul 2002, 21:01
Posts: 21771
Location: The Devil's Triangle
Post Re: Cheap Trick 07.14.2018 Hello Wisconsin!
voodoo dust wrote:
Love this band a metric shit ton. Zander is king.

Still kicking myself for not going to this awesome set of shows in Seattle in 1998-- was probably like $150 or something which was astronomical to me then-- Cheap Trick played a three night run at a small club that held a few hundred people.

Each night played two sets, the second set being assorted songs. The first sets were the s/t on night one, then In Color, then Heaven Tonight. Pearl Jam was a surprise opener on one of the nights.


18 Jul 2018, 07:22
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 12 Jul 2002, 21:01
Posts: 21771
Location: The Devil's Triangle
Post Re: CHEAP TRICK - 07.14.2018 - Hello Wisconsin!
I just looked it up-- it was $80. :lol: :cry:


18 Jul 2018, 07:53
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 29 Jan 2006, 15:16
Posts: 3277
Location: Smyrna Ga
Post Re: CHEAP TRICK - 07.14.2018 - Hello Wisconsin!
I've seen Cheap Trick 8 times :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
I was always really close :) :)
At one show half of the PA went down .Did they lose their shit and have a temper tantrum .
Nope they waited for it to get better then they played on as if nothing had happened :)

True Pros :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

_________________
Heavy Metal ,the Soundtrack to my Soul.
Mary Rebecca H_______,You'll always be missed.2-4-52-8-28-09 R.I.P
Go Cards> IH8DCUBS!!!


18 Jul 2018, 09:57
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 17 Nov 2008, 22:32
Posts: 6955
Location: Chicago, IL
Post Re: CHEAP TRICK - 07.14.2018 - Hello Wisconsin!
Phenomenal live band. I want to take my son to see them, he's become a big fan as well.

_________________
Image


18 Jul 2018, 10:08
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 09 Oct 2010, 13:56
Posts: 6764
Post Re: CHEAP TRICK - 07.14.2018 - Hello Wisconsin!
I have had Surrender in my head all day since reading this post.


18 Jul 2018, 12:02
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 15 Sep 2003, 16:32
Posts: 7763
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia
Post Re: CHEAP TRICK - 07.14.2018 - Hello Wisconsin!
No Bun E. Carlos?


18 Jul 2018, 20:37
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 12 Jul 2002, 21:01
Posts: 21771
Location: The Devil's Triangle
Post Re: CHEAP TRICK - 07.14.2018 - Hello Wisconsin!
Crazy from the Heat wrote:
No Bun E. Carlos?

He got kicked out a few years ago.


19 Jul 2018, 05:06
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 06 Nov 2004, 08:20
Posts: 9972
Post Re: CHEAP TRICK - 07.14.2018 - Hello Wisconsin!
He's still a partner of the band, involved in merchandising and releases of older material, just not involved in new stuff.

_________________
"The problem with socialism is that you eventually run out of other people's money" - Margaret Thatcher (1925-2013)


19 Jul 2018, 11:44
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 29 Nov 2004, 00:07
Posts: 8002
Location: Greater Chicagoland area
Post Re: CHEAP TRICK - 07.14.2018 - Hello Wisconsin!
taz wrote:
He's still a partner of the band, involved in merchandising and releases of older material, just not involved in new stuff.
True. Daxx Nielsen (Rick's son) is now the drummer, and the littlest Zander (Robin Taylor Zander) is on back up guitar for the band.


Image
Image

_________________
"Stairway to the stars, I think I'll write good health to you" - Albert Bouchard / Richard Meltzer / Donald Roeser


19 Jul 2018, 18:22
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 19 Jun 2006, 12:35
Posts: 18936
Location: Hell
Post Re: CHEAP TRICK - 07.14.2018 - Hello Wisconsin!
jermeister wrote:
I've seen Cheap Trick 8 times :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
I was always really close :) :)
At one show half of the PA went down .Did they lose their shit and have a temper tantrum .
Nope they waited for it to get better then they played on as if nothing had happened :)

True Pros :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:



I have also seen them eight times. Most I have seen any band :idea: 8)


19 Jul 2018, 18:25
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 29 Nov 2004, 00:07
Posts: 8002
Location: Greater Chicagoland area
Post Re: CHEAP TRICK - 07.14.2018 - Hello Wisconsin!
The Devil wrote:
jermeister wrote:
I've seen Cheap Trick 8 times :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
I was always really close :) :)
At one show half of the PA went down .Did they lose their shit and have a temper tantrum .
Nope they waited for it to get better then they played on as if nothing had happened :)
True Pros :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:


I have also seen them eight times. Most I have seen any band :idea: 8)


I have also seen them now 8 times!

_________________
"Stairway to the stars, I think I'll write good health to you" - Albert Bouchard / Richard Meltzer / Donald Roeser


19 Jul 2018, 18:47
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 19 Jun 2006, 12:35
Posts: 18936
Location: Hell
Post Re: CHEAP TRICK - 07.14.2018 - Hello Wisconsin!
strangeways wrote:
The Devil wrote:
jermeister wrote:
I've seen Cheap Trick 8 times :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
I was always really close :) :)
At one show half of the PA went down .Did they lose their shit and have a temper tantrum .
Nope they waited for it to get better then they played on as if nothing had happened :)
True Pros :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:


I have also seen them eight times. Most I have seen any band :idea: 8)


I have also seen them now 8 times!



I’ve always found it weird that the most I have heard Robin say is *thank you, goodnight we’re Cheap Trick*. It’s always been Rick interacting :o 8)


19 Jul 2018, 18:56
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 11 Jan 2012, 23:28
Posts: 3241
Location: Ottawa (the city that fun forgot but don't tell the bands that)
Post Re: CHEAP TRICK - 07.14.2018 - Hello Wisconsin!
Bun E. Carlos wasn't so much kicked out of the band as he was forced out due to health issues over the years. Has he ever been photographed without a cigarette in his mouth?

Only seen Cheap Trick once at their fateful Bluesfest show 7 years ago. Would like to see 'em again preferably on a well-built stage.

_________________
"I know it's $4000 and all, Sumayeh, but I'm still not playing Creed just to appease the water and sun gods....."


19 Jul 2018, 19:38
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ] 


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  


Google
 
Web www.bravewords.com

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by Vjacheslav Trushkin for Free Forums/DivisionCore.