It is currently 19 Oct 2018, 07:21

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1467 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44 ... 59  Next
 2018 albums that deserve attention 
Metal Guru

Post Re: 2018 albums that deserve attention
butthedpe wrote:
deathstalker wrote:
Feast of Noise wrote:
That Cass Elliott rumor is false

Indeed. It was a turkey sandwich, not a ham.

She needed the moist maker !

:roll:

Someone else in the band would just eat half of it and throw the rest away.

09 Jul 2018, 16:53
Metal Guru

Solomon Grundy wrote:
butthedpe wrote:
deathstalker wrote:
Feast of Noise wrote:
That Cass Elliott rumor is false

Indeed. It was a turkey sandwich, not a ham.

She needed the moist maker !

You mean Rocky Dennis?

I heard that's one of his many nicknames...

Fucker gets my asshole wetter thai soccer kid in 3 seconds flat.

Big Metal Dude wrote:
fālsëpøsê.

Rocky Dennis wrote:
Manowar calls, you fucking answer. No excuses, no regrets. Hail and Kill.

09 Jul 2018, 17:19
Metal Guru

https://embracethorns.bandcamp.com/album/scorn-aesthetics

12 Jul 2018, 12:40
Metal Guru

Just ordered this the other day :beer:

-Arseface

12 Jul 2018, 20:17
Metal Guru

Me too, from HHR. :beer:

12 Jul 2018, 21:38
Metal Guru

Only gave it a short spin I will definitely have to give it more time soon but initial impression was not the same as Darkness Impenetrable but we'll see

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=leave+the+hall

13 Jul 2018, 08:30
Metal Guru

I only know their first album as I own the LP. Couldn't even tell you the last time I spun it. Don't really even remember buying it.

13 Jul 2018, 12:00
Metal Guru

Blasphomet wrote:
Don't really even remember buying it.

Good portion of my collection. :)

13 Jul 2018, 12:04
Metal Guru

Pre-ordered the Deicide and the Krisiun like a motherfucker!

https://bandcamp.com/monos4
https://grandaltarofsatanicwintergoats1.bandcamp.com/

13 Jul 2018, 17:25
Metal Guru

ArckAngeLL wrote:
Only gave it a short spin I will definitely have to give it more time soon but initial impression was not the same as Darkness Impenetrable but we'll see

I sampled a few songs on youtube and I thought it fit right in with their sound

-Arseface

13 Jul 2018, 20:03
Metal Guru

Blasphomet wrote:
I only know their first album as I own the LP. Couldn't even tell you the last time I spun it. Don't really even remember buying it.

I think Embrace of thorns got a lot better with time. Atonement Ritual was better than the debut and had really something special going on that made me take notice. Praying For Absolution was a step ahead of AR and is probably my fav from them. It's really an underrated gem.

Then they released Darkness Impenetrable which sounded a lot clearer than usual, less dirt, but still was honest to their sound. It's an album that should have got them a lot more attention than it did. I think it's a killer album. Man some of those riffs.

But maybe this was this band problem, operating somewhere in no man's land between death and black metal. Not black enough for some not death enough for the rest so nobody really took notice. Something we saw happening in the past too.

But yeah first spin new one was fine I just think it sounded like a continuation from the last one. And since the debut each album has outdone the other it felt weird. That's what I meant. :) but after multiple spins I'll see maybe I will prefer it to Darkness.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=leave+the+hall

13 Jul 2018, 20:44
Metal Guru

ArckAngeLL wrote:
Blasphomet wrote:

I think Embrace of thorns got a lot better with time. Atonement Ritual was better than the debut and had really something special going on that made me take notice. Praying For Absolution was a step ahead of AR and is probably my fav from them. It's really an underrated gem.

Then they released Darkness Impenetrable which sounded a lot clearer than usual, less dirt, but still was honest to their sound. It's an album that should have got them a lot more attention than it did. I think it's a killer album. Man some of those riffs.

But maybe this was this band problem, operating somewhere in no man's land between death and black metal. Not black enough for some not death enough for the rest so nobody really took notice. Something we saw happening in the past too.

But yeah first spin new one was fine I just think it sounded like a continuation from the last one. And since the debut each album has outdone the other it felt weird. That's what I meant. :) but after multiple spins I'll see maybe I will prefer it to Darkness.

I get what you mean though. Band is totally underrated. I'm really looking forward to receiving my copy. I should grab Darkness Impenetrable too, that flew under my radar

-Arseface

13 Jul 2018, 20:51
Metal Guru

https://1968band.bandcamp.com/album/bal ... he-godless
Good shit
8)

13 Jul 2018, 23:01
Metal Guru

Location: Ottawa (the city that fun forgot but don't tell the bands that)

...and they sound exactly like their name.

Fuck The 1975.

14 Jul 2018, 00:04
Metal Guru

Stoney Alice In Chains. I dig. Exorcist should be ghey for it.

15 Jul 2018, 23:08
Metal Guru

Blunt Shovel of Ignorance wrote:
ArckAngeLL wrote:
Blasphomet wrote:

I get what you mean though. Band is totally underrated. I'm really looking forward to receiving my copy. I should grab Darkness Impenetrable too, that flew under my radar

Seeing such a thoughtful post about Embrace of Thorns will have me checking out their other material.

15 Jul 2018, 23:12
Metal Guru

Blasphomet wrote:

Yeah, just judging by the album cover and font, that 1968 record looks like something I'd enjoy. I'm too sleepy for stoney music, though. I might throw it on when I get home and tend to my garden, though :smokin:

16 Jul 2018, 09:04
Metal Guru

Dakhma - Hamkar Atonement
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRgddctB3-s

This comes out on Iron Bonehead later this year. It's blackened death metal with a lot of atmosphere. Probably sits on the same shelf as Teitanblood and Necros Christos, but dosn't remind me exactly of either band.

16 Jul 2018, 22:59
Metal Guru

Exorcist wrote:
Blasphomet wrote:

Yeah, just judging by the album cover and font, that 1968 record looks like something I'd enjoy. I'm too sleepy for stoney music, though. I might throw it on when I get home and tend to my garden, though :smokin:

Good for pulling weeds, amirite? :)

17 Jul 2018, 04:19
Metal Guru

Blunt Shovel of Ignorance wrote:
ArckAngeLL wrote:
Blasphomet wrote:

This is great shit.

17 Jul 2018, 07:31
Metal Guru

The Nefarious Öathgoat wrote:
Exorcist wrote:
Blasphomet wrote:

Good for pulling weeds, amirite? :)

:)

17 Jul 2018, 08:24
Metal Guru

Anhur wrote:

This comes out on Iron Bonehead later this year. It's blackened death metal with a lot of atmosphere. Probably sits on the same shelf as Teitanblood and Necros Christos, but dosn't remind me exactly of either band.

I've always just considered Necros Christos a death metal band without the black. That could be just me though. I don't know. They actually more often remind me of Bolt Thrower than any black metal band. :lol:

But that's neither here nor there. I'll check out Iron Bonehead releases no problem.

17 Jul 2018, 12:18
Metal Guru

Blasphomet wrote:
Anhur wrote:

I've always just considered Necros Christos a death metal band without the black. That could be just me though. I don't know. They actually more often remind me of Bolt Thrower than any black metal band. :lol:

But that's neither here nor there. I'll check out Iron Bonehead releases no problem.

Necros Christos is more death metal musically for sure, but their overall atmosphere is more in line with black metal I think. I don't really think that they sound much like Bolt Thrower, but I have not listened to them in a while. I was pumped for the new one, but am intimidated by 3 disks and 50 interludes. Anyway, my point is that I thought of both of the bands that I mentioned when I listened to that track. Also, like I said it dosn't really sound exactly like either. Just a loose reference point. The track is pretty rad though, and I hope to hear more soon.

17 Jul 2018, 19:25
Metal Guru

Location: Ottawa (the city that fun forgot but don't tell the bands that)
Speaking of 1968, according to the band's Instagram page, their label hadn't financed any of the costs for pressing their debut album nor had they paid any of the licencing fees for getting the album up on Apple, iTunes or Spotify in time for the July 7 release date. So if you're wondering why you're only seeing their album solely on Bandcamp, now you know why.

17 Jul 2018, 21:24
Metal Guru

Anhur wrote:
Blasphomet wrote:
Anhur wrote:

Necros Christos is more death metal musically for sure, but their overall atmosphere is more in line with black metal I think. I don't really think that they sound much like Bolt Thrower, but I have not listened to them in a while. I was pumped for the new one, but am intimidated by 3 disks and 50 interludes. Anyway, my point is that I thought of both of the bands that I mentioned when I listened to that track. Also, like I said it dosn't really sound exactly like either. Just a loose reference point. The track is pretty rad though, and I hope to hear more soon.

Yeah the new one is too long. I was hoping it would be excellent enough to be that long, but it's too long lol. Like they emptied everything into one album before calling it quits (despite playing live). Feels like more three EP's that are similar. Not enough variation for me personally, and yeah, the fucking interludes. Still quality death metal, but you'd be good splitting it up into three sessions rather than one if you ask me.

17 Jul 2018, 22:22
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1467 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44 ... 59  Next