It is currently 25 May 2018, 15:26



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 238 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 (Lost in Vegas) Reaction Videos: 
Author Message
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 07 Jun 2005, 14:18
Posts: 5963
Location: The Hammer
Post Re: (Lost in Vegas) Reaction Videos:
Missed one ;)

Rooster

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cL-9KtQfpFw

_________________
http://www.myspace.com/profaner


23 Feb 2018, 00:02
Profile WWW
Metal King
User avatar

Joined: 03 Jun 2003, 12:16
Posts: 54541
Location: Eastvale, CA USA
Post Re: (Lost in Vegas) Reaction Videos:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Br7cpYT-1yA

The boys react to Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here

_________________
Image

Exorcist wrote:
He looks like he came in third in a fisting contest.


05 Mar 2018, 14:10
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 28 Jan 2002, 15:26
Posts: 17948
Location: Moncton, NB
Post Re: (Lost in Vegas) Reaction Videos:
Took a moment and here are all their reactions by genre.
*all genres provided by Enc. Metallum

THRASH METAL
Testament
Slayer
Metallica
Anthrax
Megadeth
Sepultura
Exodus
Meshuggah (+Groove/Technical)

PROGRESSIVE METAL
Dream Theater
Devin Townsend
Rush (+Prog Rock)
Gojira (+Groove/Death)
Mastodon (+Sludge)
Opeth (+Death Metal)
Ne Obliviscaris (+Extreme)

HEAVY METAL
Dio
Black Sabbath (+Doom)
Iron Maiden (+NWOBHM)
Judas Priest
Pantera
Danzig (+Doom Rock)

GRUNGE/METAL
Alice in Chains
Soundgarden

METALCORE
Lamb of God (+Groove)
Trivium (+Thrash/heavy metal)

BANDS NOT ON ENCYCLOPEDIA METALLUM
Avenged Sevenfold
Linkin Park
Slipknot
Stone Temple Pilots
H.I.M.
System of a Down
Sevendust
Primus
Jinjer
Korn
Five Finger Death Punch

_________________
"Blapppblapblappppety flippafloo date."


06 Mar 2018, 20:38
Profile WWW
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 19 Jan 2006, 07:17
Posts: 4229
Post Re: (Lost in Vegas) Reaction Videos:
Metal_King wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Br7cpYT-1yA

The boys react to Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here


WYWH is such a fantastic song.....it never gets tired. :bow:


06 Mar 2018, 22:39
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 28 Jan 2002, 15:26
Posts: 17948
Location: Moncton, NB
Post Re: (Lost in Vegas) Reaction Videos:
Finally Amon Amarth in there.
Maybe not the best track but their songs are quite samey anyways.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5EUPzWSy8I

_________________
"Blapppblapblappppety flippafloo date."


08 Mar 2018, 11:50
Profile WWW
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 02 Jul 2002, 17:11
Posts: 30880
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Post Re: (Lost in Vegas) Reaction Videos:
RealDeadOne wrote:
Finally Amon Amarth in there.
Maybe not the best track but their songs are quite samey anyways.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5EUPzWSy8I

I can't watch it till I get home, but I'm going to assume they don't like it.

Love that song though.

_________________
President Bagel wrote:
Bagel does not move at the speed of the internet. The internet moves at the speed of Bagel.
))<>((

Burst Command Til War wrote:
You are never allowed in my house.


08 Mar 2018, 11:53
Profile ICQ WWW
Metal King
User avatar

Joined: 03 Jun 2003, 12:16
Posts: 54541
Location: Eastvale, CA USA
Post Re: (Lost in Vegas) Reaction Videos:
Clad In Shadows wrote:
I can't watch it till I get home, but I'm going to assume they don't like it.


Correct, George didn't like it for the exact same reasons I do. He can't do guttural vocals all the way through. He said he needs clean vocals in there to mix it up. :lol:

_________________
Image

Exorcist wrote:
He looks like he came in third in a fisting contest.


08 Mar 2018, 13:18
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 22 Feb 2002, 00:05
Posts: 2858
Location: Fredericton
Post Re: (Lost in Vegas) Reaction Videos:
Metal_King wrote:
Clad In Shadows wrote:
I can't watch it till I get home, but I'm going to assume they don't like it.


Correct, George didn't like it for the exact same reasons I do. He can't do guttural vocals all the way through. He said he needs clean vocals in there to mix it up. :lol:




....and that would be the reason I can't stand them either....massive waste of good riffs and melodies. Listen to Tyr for a way better version.

:cheers:

Holo


08 Mar 2018, 21:14
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 24 Nov 2004, 11:27
Posts: 11874
Location: ZODOM
Post Re: (Lost in Vegas) Reaction Videos:
holofiend12 wrote:
Metal_King wrote:
Clad In Shadows wrote:
I can't watch it till I get home, but I'm going to assume they don't like it.


Correct, George didn't like it for the exact same reasons I do. He can't do guttural vocals all the way through. He said he needs clean vocals in there to mix it up. :lol:




....and that would be the reason I can't stand them either....massive waste of good riffs and melodies. Listen to Tyr for a way better version.

:cheers:

Holo


Agree. Wonder if metal will ever drift back to 'mostly singing.'

_________________
http://www.essayslayer.com


09 Mar 2018, 15:58
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 22 Feb 2002, 00:05
Posts: 2858
Location: Fredericton
Post Re: (Lost in Vegas) Reaction Videos:
Stallionforce wrote:
holofiend12 wrote:
Metal_King wrote:
Clad In Shadows wrote:
I can't watch it till I get home, but I'm going to assume they don't like it.


Correct, George didn't like it for the exact same reasons I do. He can't do guttural vocals all the way through. He said he needs clean vocals in there to mix it up. :lol:




....and that would be the reason I can't stand them either....massive waste of good riffs and melodies. Listen to Tyr for a way better version.

:cheers:

Holo


Agree. Wonder if metal will ever drift back to 'mostly singing.'



I'm rather encouraged by many of the new "traditional-style" metal acts that seem to be popping up as of late....Ranger, Ram, Striker, Skull Fist...etc that seem to worship the 80's American "power" metal and the NWOBHM....gives me hope for the future.

:cheers:

Holo


10 Mar 2018, 00:14
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 05 Mar 2012, 05:29
Posts: 2768
Post Re: (Lost in Vegas) Reaction Videos:
There are now more clean singing bands than during the 80s, for the simple fact that there are now way more bands than during the 80s. The are now (and since the 90s!) just even more bands with growling than there are with clean singing, because extremer forms of Metal have taken over as the defining Metal genres.

Growling is by now such a defining and representative trait of Metal, that saying you don't like it in Metal is basically like saying you don't like distorted guitars in Metal :lol:


10 Mar 2018, 04:09
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 22 Apr 2006, 23:09
Posts: 3068
Location: Boonsboro, MD
Post Re: (Lost in Vegas) Reaction Videos:
The”Kids React” videos are pretty cool in a totally different way.

https://youtu.be/UiYpDdsK4BU

_________________
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.


10 Mar 2018, 07:09
Profile
Metal King
User avatar

Joined: 03 Jun 2003, 12:16
Posts: 54541
Location: Eastvale, CA USA
Post Re: (Lost in Vegas) Reaction Videos:
Ghost - Cirice

https://youtu.be/WgDEEMs6Q80

_________________
Image

Exorcist wrote:
He looks like he came in third in a fisting contest.


15 Mar 2018, 22:04
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 24 Nov 2004, 11:27
Posts: 11874
Location: ZODOM
Post Re: (Lost in Vegas) Reaction Videos:
DaTroof wrote:
Growling is by now such a defining and representative trait of Metal, that saying you don't like it in Metal is basically like saying you don't like distorted guitars in Metal :lol:


I disagree. I see the distorted guitar as the essential element of metal. I've argued this before, without much support here; but I feel if you take away guitar distortion, you veer wildly away from metal. I definitely don't see growling in that light.

_________________
http://www.essayslayer.com


15 Mar 2018, 22:36
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 19 Jan 2006, 07:17
Posts: 4229
Post Re: (Lost in Vegas) Reaction Videos:
Stallionforce wrote:
DaTroof wrote:
Growling is by now such a defining and representative trait of Metal, that saying you don't like it in Metal is basically like saying you don't like distorted guitars in Metal :lol:


I disagree. I see the distorted guitar as the essential element of metal. I've argued this before, without much support here; but I feel if you take away guitar distortion, you veer wildly away from metal. I definitely don't see growling in that light.


agreed. it's the guitar, more than anything else, which is the focal point of metal.
Growling is just another particular item within (some) metal, along with double-bass drumming, high-pitched/falsetto singing, or anything else you can think of.


16 Mar 2018, 06:58
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 07 Oct 2016, 00:50
Posts: 1711
Location: 1986
Post Re: (Lost in Vegas) Reaction Videos:
Yeah but at the same time, whenever someone who doesn't listen to metal learns that I like the genre, the guaranteed first response is "how do you deal with the growling?" Or "you can't understand anything they say though?" Or "oh, so like grrrr hrrr ghrrr?" Or something else to that effect. I think to others, growling is the single defining trait of metal. No one ever mentions aggressive drumming or distorted guitar even though both of those are just as important as the vox.

_________________
Firefarter wrote:
he was still sucking titties when I registered

Reigning Blood wrote:
No excuse. I'm old enough to be ninja's degenerate grandad

Rook wrote:
Get me a time machine so I can not care about this band in the past too


17 Mar 2018, 02:22
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 22 Apr 2006, 23:09
Posts: 3068
Location: Boonsboro, MD
Post Re: (Lost in Vegas) Reaction Videos:
... and cowbell ! :abbath:

_________________
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.


17 Mar 2018, 04:12
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 05 Mar 2012, 05:29
Posts: 2768
Post Re: (Lost in Vegas) Reaction Videos:
Ninjazula wrote:
Yeah but at the same time, whenever someone who doesn't listen to metal learns that I like the genre, the guaranteed first response is "how do you deal with the growling?" Or "you can't understand anything they say though?" Or "oh, so like grrrr hrrr ghrrr?" Or something else to that effect. I think to others, growling is the single defining trait of metal. No one ever mentions aggressive drumming or distorted guitar even though both of those are just as important as the vox.


This nicely proves how extreme Metal is representative/defining of how Metal sounds to outsiders.
There is also a generation of Metalheads that started out in Metal by listening to Cannibal Corpse, 90s Amorphis etc. I actually know people that openly have a hard time considering Maiden, Priest etc as Metal (Some of these play in tech DM bands with labels, touring etc!). It might seem outrageous, but to someone who learned that Cannibal Corpse are a Metal band, Maiden etc are actually closer to hard Rock than Metal. To them, if you take away the extreme vocals, it's not Metal anymore. Our own post-90s albums contest even reflects this in its polls, traditional bands from the 90s have a hard time competing with 90s extreme bands when you take away the 80s classics. Since the late 80s/early 90s, Metal is extreme.


17 Mar 2018, 06:51
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 07 Jun 2005, 14:18
Posts: 5963
Location: The Hammer
Post Re: (Lost in Vegas) Reaction Videos:
Hells Bells

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8RhhtblRlI

_________________
http://www.myspace.com/profaner


24 Mar 2018, 06:05
Profile WWW
Metal King
User avatar

Joined: 03 Jun 2003, 12:16
Posts: 54541
Location: Eastvale, CA USA
Post Re: (Lost in Vegas) Reaction Videos:
An AC/DC reaction was long overdue.
But, I'm thinking if you watch the guys religiously, you knew they were going to love it.

_________________
Image

Exorcist wrote:
He looks like he came in third in a fisting contest.


24 Mar 2018, 10:31
Profile
Metal King
User avatar

Joined: 03 Jun 2003, 12:16
Posts: 54541
Location: Eastvale, CA USA
Post Re: (Lost in Vegas) Reaction Videos:
https://youtu.be/M89hijAYkYs

The boys react to the Ramones finally.

Although I certainly would not have thought they would choose "Poison Heart." Man, it doesn't even make my top 50 Ramones songs.

_________________
Image

Exorcist wrote:
He looks like he came in third in a fisting contest.


26 Mar 2018, 00:53
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 29 Sep 2017, 14:39
Posts: 1144
Post Re: (Lost in Vegas) Reaction Videos:
"Poison Heart" is one of my favorite late-career Ramones songs. :)


26 Mar 2018, 01:00
Profile
Metal King
User avatar

Joined: 03 Jun 2003, 12:16
Posts: 54541
Location: Eastvale, CA USA
Post Re: (Lost in Vegas) Reaction Videos:
https://youtu.be/V-zKDXzBQRQ

The Spirit of Radio

_________________
Image

Exorcist wrote:
He looks like he came in third in a fisting contest.


30 Mar 2018, 01:48
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 24 Nov 2004, 11:27
Posts: 11874
Location: ZODOM
Post Re: (Lost in Vegas) Reaction Videos:
Metal_King wrote:
https://youtu.be/V-zKDXzBQRQ

The Spirit of Radio


Their Rush reviews are the best. Really making me appreciate Rush even more.

_________________
http://www.essayslayer.com


30 Mar 2018, 02:12
Profile
Metal King
User avatar

Joined: 03 Jun 2003, 12:16
Posts: 54541
Location: Eastvale, CA USA
Post Re: (Lost in Vegas) Reaction Videos:
Stallionforce wrote:
Metal_King wrote:
https://youtu.be/V-zKDXzBQRQ

The Spirit of Radio


Their Rush reviews are the best. Really making me appreciate Rush even more.


Seriously. I love seeing their reactions to Rush. It's just so cool .

_________________
Image

Exorcist wrote:
He looks like he came in third in a fisting contest.


01 Apr 2018, 00:00
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 238 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: DaTroof, U-94 and 15 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  


Google
 
Web www.bravewords.com

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by Vjacheslav Trushkin for Free Forums/DivisionCore.