It is currently 20 Nov 2017, 15:51



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 331 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
 COMPLETED: The BraveBoard Top Metal Bands Tournament! 
Author Message
Metal Guru

Joined: 15 Feb 2009, 12:59
Posts: 1561
Post Re: COMPLETED: The BraveBoard Top Metal Bands Tournament!
Satriani could do well.

_________________
"They told us our Gods would outlive us, but they lied."
- Nick Cave


29 Jun 2017, 14:47
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 05 Mar 2012, 05:29
Posts: 1936
Post Re: COMPLETED: The BraveBoard Top Metal Bands Tournament!
Exorcist wrote:
Randy Rhoads should finish high if we were to do a guitarist battle.


True, he meets all the criteria to get really far:
- active in the 80s;
- dead;
- played for a singer that has been utterly irrelevant for at least 27 years now (please note how I'm not disputing his relevance before that time)!

:lol:


29 Jun 2017, 15:18
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 28 Mar 2005, 01:51
Posts: 8095
Location: St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada, Earth, Solar System, Orion Spur, Milky Way, Virgo Supercluster
Post Re: COMPLETED: The BraveBoard Top Metal Bands Tournament!
Thanks, everyone!

I definitely would consider doing the post-90s poll. I did see another poll regarding the best album artwork which I'm totally be into.

If we have enough entries for those two polls as we did with this one, we'll be set for a full year of polling.

_________________
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ DON'T GIVE MOD POWERS ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Website My book Twitter Instagrim

Image Image
Metal_King wrote:
Sorry, I don't have a shit fetish.


29 Jun 2017, 18:24
Profile WWW
Metal King
User avatar

Joined: 03 Jun 2003, 12:16
Posts: 52005
Location: Eastvale, CA USA
Post Re: COMPLETED: The BraveBoard Top Metal Bands Tournament!
OptionalPlayer wrote:
If we have enough entries for those two polls as we did with this one, we'll be set for a full year of polling.


You going to keep it at 80 entries like the first poll?

_________________
Image

Exorcist wrote:
I once deliberately crop dusted a child at a Walmart and I will fucking well do it again if the opportunity arises


30 Jun 2017, 02:00
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 28 Mar 2005, 01:51
Posts: 8095
Location: St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada, Earth, Solar System, Orion Spur, Milky Way, Virgo Supercluster
Post Re: COMPLETED: The BraveBoard Top Metal Bands Tournament!
Metal_King wrote:
OptionalPlayer wrote:
If we have enough entries for those two polls as we did with this one, we'll be set for a full year of polling.


You going to keep it at 80 entries like the first poll?

Image

_________________
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ DON'T GIVE MOD POWERS ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Website My book Twitter Instagrim

Image Image
Metal_King wrote:
Sorry, I don't have a shit fetish.


30 Jun 2017, 06:42
Profile WWW
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 05 Mar 2012, 05:29
Posts: 1936
Post Re: COMPLETED: The BraveBoard Top Metal Bands Tournament!
Haha, awesome!


30 Jun 2017, 07:27
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 22 Feb 2002, 00:05
Posts: 2463
Location: Fredericton
Post Re: COMPLETED: The BraveBoard Top Metal Bands Tournament!
Just do a nice pyramid with a nice 128 entries at the base....should be able to cover lots of stuff with that amount :evil:


:cheers:

Holo


30 Jun 2017, 08:57
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 03 Oct 2005, 15:09
Posts: 4021
Location: Island of Damnation
Post Re: COMPLETED: The BraveBoard Top Metal Bands Tournament!
Did Iron Maiden win? They probably did...

_________________
"In life, I have no religion, besides the heavy metal gods!"


02 Jul 2017, 13:58
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 19 Oct 2004, 11:40
Posts: 14163
Location: Quebec, Canada
Post Re: COMPLETED: The BraveBoard Top Metal Bands Tournament!
Necro Priest wrote:
Did Iron Maiden win? They probably did...


Yep

_________________
http://rateyourmusic.com/~Monos4
http://monos4.deviantart.com/
http://www.youtube.com/user/Monos4
https://bandcamp.com/monos4
https://grandaltarofsatanicwintergoats1.bandcamp.com/


02 Jul 2017, 14:22
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 17 Nov 2008, 22:32
Posts: 6265
Location: Chicago, IL
Post Re: COMPLETED: The BraveBoard Top Metal Bands Tournament!
Exorcist wrote:
Randy Rhoads should finish high if we were to do a guitarist battle.

Do I have to put it together since I came up with the idea? I'm not saying I should, I'm too anti-blues, anti-wank, anti-wigger and an elitist.

_________________
Image


06 Jul 2017, 15:00
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 05 Mar 2012, 05:29
Posts: 1936
Post Re: COMPLETED: The BraveBoard Top Metal Bands Tournament!
Reigning Blood wrote:
Exorcist wrote:
Randy Rhoads should finish high if we were to do a guitarist battle.

Do I have to put it together since I came up with the idea? I'm not saying I should, I'm too anti-blues, anti-wank, anti-wigger and an elitist.


Don't do it, I already did the preventive Iommi vs EVH thread, because that would have been the final anyway :lol:


06 Jul 2017, 23:01
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 07 Oct 2016, 00:50
Posts: 1411
Location: 1986
Post Re: COMPLETED: The BraveBoard Top Metal Bands Tournament!
DaTroof wrote:
Reigning Blood wrote:
Exorcist wrote:
Randy Rhoads should finish high if we were to do a guitarist battle.

Do I have to put it together since I came up with the idea? I'm not saying I should, I'm too anti-blues, anti-wank, anti-wigger and an elitist.


Don't do it, I already did the preventive Iommi vs EVH thread, because that would have been the final anyway :lol:


Jimmy Page? Dave Mustaine? Marty Friedman? Trey Azagthoth? Chuck Fucking Schuldiner? Alex Skolnick? Buckethead? Tom Scholz? Slash? The Schenker bros?

And don't even get me started if we include bassists... Alex Webster, Colin Marston, Steve DiGorgio, Steve Harris, Lemmy, Cliff Burton, Geddy Lee, Les Claypool, Joey DeMaio?

I don't know. I feel like there is a lot of potential for the idea to work. It'd be cool to compare solos and stuff and see what people think is the "best work" or quintessential song featuring each musician. Plus imagine debating something like who's better, Jimmy Page or Les Claypool? It'd be totally wack (in a pretty cool way imo)

_________________
Firefarter wrote:
he was still sucking titties when I registered.


Exorcist wrote:
It's not that I want to change minds, I'm just curious to hear other outlooks about cool shit.


10 Jul 2017, 02:05
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 09 Mar 2002, 21:00
Posts: 69427
Location: Ogdenville
Post Re: COMPLETED: The BraveBoard Top Metal Bands Tournament!
Ninjazula wrote:
imagine debating something like who's better, Jimmy Page or Les Claypool?


Claypool, easily.

_________________
Blackjebus wrote:
Yeah, once you have AIDS you don't have to worry about AIDS anymore. Instead you have to worry about colds.


10 Jul 2017, 07:57
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 07 Oct 2016, 00:50
Posts: 1411
Location: 1986
Post Re: COMPLETED: The BraveBoard Top Metal Bands Tournament!
Exorcist wrote:
Ninjazula wrote:
imagine debating something like who's better, Jimmy Page or Les Claypool?


Claypool, easily.


You see this is where we disagree :lol:

Claypool rocks though.

_________________
Firefarter wrote:
he was still sucking titties when I registered.


Exorcist wrote:
It's not that I want to change minds, I'm just curious to hear other outlooks about cool shit.


10 Jul 2017, 13:31
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 05 Mar 2012, 05:29
Posts: 1936
Post Re: COMPLETED: The BraveBoard Top Metal Bands Tournament!
Please continue your discussion in the designated thread :lol:


10 Jul 2017, 13:56
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 09 Mar 2002, 21:00
Posts: 69427
Location: Ogdenville
Post Re: COMPLETED: The BraveBoard Top Metal Bands Tournament!
DaTroof wrote:
Please continue your discussion in the designated thread :lol:


:roll:

_________________
Blackjebus wrote:
Yeah, once you have AIDS you don't have to worry about AIDS anymore. Instead you have to worry about colds.


10 Jul 2017, 17:47
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 12 Dec 2004, 08:29
Posts: 15945
Location: nj
Post Re: COMPLETED: The BraveBoard Top Metal Bands Tournament!
no.

claypool for sure.

_________________
did that butter churn just move? cause if it did.....


11 Jul 2017, 06:52
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 30 Aug 2007, 15:41
Posts: 24979
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Post Re: COMPLETED: The BraveBoard Top Metal Bands Tournament!
Go fuck yourself with a pig's leg.

Claypool is a hack.

_________________
The True Fortress wrote:
As a true metalhead for almost 30 years, my patience for goofballs of your ilk has become dangerously low...You have no clue what heavy metal is and need to shoot yourself in the face.


07 Aug 2017, 11:53
Profile
Metal Guru

Joined: 15 Feb 2009, 12:59
Posts: 1561
Post Re: COMPLETED: The BraveBoard Top Metal Bands Tournament!
Blackjebus wrote:
Claypool is a hack.


Swing and a miss.

_________________
"They told us our Gods would outlive us, but they lied."
- Nick Cave


07 Aug 2017, 15:32
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 04 Aug 2006, 09:25
Posts: 5801
Location: Ottawa
Post Re: COMPLETED: The BraveBoard Top Metal Bands Tournament!
mister slippery wrote:
Blackjebus wrote:
Claypool is a hack.


Swing and a miss.


:lol:

_________________
Dont ever pull out, its to much fun to see their expression mid-load - RustyIrish


09 Aug 2017, 13:36
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 15 Sep 2003, 16:32
Posts: 7028
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia
Post Re: COMPLETED: The BraveBoard Top Metal Bands Tournament!
Bloodline wrote:
mister slippery wrote:
Blackjebus wrote:
Claypool is a hack.


Swing and a miss.


:lol:


:roll:


03 Sep 2017, 19:55
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 12 Aug 2003, 15:30
Posts: 40639
Location: Hampton, Virginia
Post Re: COMPLETED: The BraveBoard Top Metal Bands Tournament!
Jimmy Page is a far shittier guitarist than Les Claypool is a bassist, but Jimmy Page is Jimmy fucking Page. He made a lot of cool music.

_________________
Quote:
I began to wonder, and more than wonder...


16 Sep 2017, 12:23
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 09 Mar 2002, 21:00
Posts: 69427
Location: Ogdenville
Post Re: COMPLETED: The BraveBoard Top Metal Bands Tournament!
Xerxes wrote:
Jimmy Page is a far shittier guitarist than Les Claypool is a bassist, but Jimmy Page is Jimmy fucking Page. He made a lot of cool music.


...with what band? :)

_________________
Blackjebus wrote:
Yeah, once you have AIDS you don't have to worry about AIDS anymore. Instead you have to worry about colds.


18 Sep 2017, 09:39
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 19 Jan 2006, 07:17
Posts: 3837
Post Re: COMPLETED: The BraveBoard Top Metal Bands Tournament!
Exorcist wrote:
Xerxes wrote:
Jimmy Page is a far shittier guitarist than Les Claypool is a bassist, but Jimmy Page is Jimmy fucking Page. He made a lot of cool music.


...with what band? :)


the Coverdale/Page one-off from 1993 immediately comes to mind. it's such a killer, such a balls-out record. Great stuff. :bow:


20 Oct 2017, 16:21
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 09 Mar 2002, 21:00
Posts: 69427
Location: Ogdenville
Post Re: COMPLETED: The BraveBoard Top Metal Bands Tournament!
SoundMaster wrote:
Exorcist wrote:
Xerxes wrote:
Jimmy Page is a far shittier guitarist than Les Claypool is a bassist, but Jimmy Page is Jimmy fucking Page. He made a lot of cool music.


...with what band? :)


the Coverdale/Page one-off from 1993 immediately comes to mind. it's such a killer, such a balls-out record. Great stuff. :bow:


OK, checkmate to you. I forgot about that. I do remember that Shake My Tree and one, maybe two other videos got some play on Much and some radio play back when it came out. Good shit!

_________________
Blackjebus wrote:
Yeah, once you have AIDS you don't have to worry about AIDS anymore. Instead you have to worry about colds.


20 Oct 2017, 17:12
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 331 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Feast of Noise, HAUNTEDBYMIRRORS, U-94, Voidhanger and 16 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  


Google
 
Web www.bravewords.com

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by Vjacheslav Trushkin for Free Forums/DivisionCore.