It is currently 19 Aug 2018, 07:22



Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1230 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 46, 47, 48, 49, 50  Next
 Now Seeing - The Live Music Thread 
Author Message
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 09 Mar 2002, 21:00
Posts: 73973
Location: Ogdenville
Post Re: Now Seeing - The Live Music Thread
Blasphomet wrote:
I know I waffle on concerts a lot and shit, but unless someone mind melting like Urfaust or Cosmic Church miraculously play Mess des Morts, I think Quebec Deathfest is the fest for me this year. Just looking at the fact that for the Saturday, Foufounes Electriques is a 39 second walk (according to google maps) from Mtelus, that experience of multiple venues, with two that fucking close together is hard to pass up. Pretty rad. This is Saturday, and it's rad:

Mtelus:
Autopsy
Unleashed
Demolition Hammer
Grave
Exhorder
Necros Christos

Foufounes Electriques:
Agoraphobic Nosebleed
Skinless
Malignancy
Mortal Decay
Dehumanized
Venenum
Pessimist
Outre-Tombe
Hacavitz
Æpoch


Even Friday will be a cool back and forth between Fouf and Katacombss.


Dude, I'm telling you, don't sleep on Wake or Massgrave on the Friday. Goolagoon are great as well, but I don't think you'd like them. I'd be surprised if you don't like Wake or especially Massgrave, though.

_________________
Blackjebus wrote:
Yeah, once you have AIDS you don't have to worry about AIDS anymore. Instead you have to worry about colds.


18 Jul 2018, 12:13
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 24 Feb 2011, 14:26
Posts: 47396
Location: North Haverbrook
Post Re: Now Seeing - The Live Music Thread
I checked both of them out and completely dug them.


Friday, October 19

Foufounes Electriques:
Pestilence
Bell Witch

Skeletal Remains
Uada
Panzerfaust
Imperial Triumphant
Hellfire Deathcult
Profane Order
Dépérir

Katacombes:
Massgrave
Tomb Mold
Wake

Goolagoon
Nuclear Power Genocide
Existench
Oath Div 666
Banal
Deathnap



Hoping the back and forth works out for the ones in green here. Being Massgrave is playing Katacombes, I am kind of expecting them to go on after Pestilence to finish the night. Hard to say though because I imagine Fouf will be open just as late. Cannot and will not miss Uada no matter what's going on but it doesn't look like that will be an issue at all.


18 Jul 2018, 12:57
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 09 Mar 2002, 21:00
Posts: 73973
Location: Ogdenville
Post Re: Now Seeing - The Live Music Thread
Blasphomet wrote:
I checked both of them out and completely dug them.


Friday, October 19

Foufounes Electriques:
Pestilence
Bell Witch

Skeletal Remains
Uada
Panzerfaust
Imperial Triumphant
Hellfire Deathcult
Profane Order
Dépérir

Katacombes:
Massgrave
Tomb Mold
Wake

Goolagoon
Nuclear Power Genocide
Existench
Oath Div 666
Banal
Deathnap



Hoping the back and forth works out for the ones in green here. Being Massgrave is playing Katacombes, I am kind of expecting them to go on after Pestilence to finish the night. Hard to say though because I imagine Fouf will be open just as late. Cannot and will not miss Uada no matter what's going on but it doesn't look like that will be an issue at all.


I really want to see Uada, but I don't know that I'll be able to. That looks like the solitary conflict of the weekend for me. I guess we'll see closer to the festival when they release the set times.

_________________
Blackjebus wrote:
Yeah, once you have AIDS you don't have to worry about AIDS anymore. Instead you have to worry about colds.


18 Jul 2018, 13:05
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 10 Feb 2009, 23:16
Posts: 27846
Location: Ottawa
Post Re: Now Seeing - The Live Music Thread
if you skip uada you fucked up

_________________
Jotun wrote:
Hitler had an opinion

Malevolent_Croatian wrote:
half the time it feels like he's setting the mood to sell me a persian rug.


18 Jul 2018, 14:06
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 25 Mar 2009, 02:32
Posts: 27131
Location: E 99th & St.Clair
Post Re: Now Seeing - The Live Music Thread
hate forest live in Ukraine 2019. Damn that would be incredible. Looking into this.

_________________
HamburgerBoy wrote:
Take your rhythmless Varg-borne black "metal" and shove it up your poser vaginas alongside your Dead Can Dance records.


18 Jul 2018, 14:18
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 09 Mar 2002, 21:00
Posts: 73973
Location: Ogdenville
Post Re: Now Seeing - The Live Music Thread
Rook wrote:
if you skip uada you fucked up


Death/grind > black metal when it comes to a gig. I learned my lesson at MDF. If I've got a band conflict, black metal loses the coin flip. Less pretty sonic vistas, more beatings.

_________________
Blackjebus wrote:
Yeah, once you have AIDS you don't have to worry about AIDS anymore. Instead you have to worry about colds.


18 Jul 2018, 14:21
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 24 Feb 2011, 14:26
Posts: 47396
Location: North Haverbrook
Post Re: Now Seeing - The Live Music Thread
Rocky Dennis wrote:
hate forest live in Ukraine 2019. Damn that would be incredible. Looking into this.


Jesus.

Just googled it. Facebook says their payment (fee) will be donated to ' children with cancer charity foundation'.


18 Jul 2018, 14:54
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 24 Feb 2011, 14:26
Posts: 47396
Location: North Haverbrook
Post Re: Now Seeing - The Live Music Thread
Exorcist wrote:
Rook wrote:
if you skip uada you fucked up


Death/grind > black metal when it comes to a gig. I learned my lesson at MDF. If I've got a band conflict, black metal loses the coin flip. Less pretty sonic vistas, more beatings.


Variety is the spice of life. Friday has the variety. Death, Grind, Black.

Saturday is basically just death righteousness.


18 Jul 2018, 16:02
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 09 Mar 2002, 21:00
Posts: 73973
Location: Ogdenville
Post Re: Now Seeing - The Live Music Thread
Blasphomet wrote:
Exorcist wrote:
Rook wrote:
if you skip uada you fucked up


Death/grind > black metal when it comes to a gig. I learned my lesson at MDF. If I've got a band conflict, black metal loses the coin flip. Less pretty sonic vistas, more beatings.


Variety is the spice of life. Friday has the variety. Death, Grind, Black.

Saturday is basically just death righteousness.


Very true. Plus... Uada is really goddamn good.

_________________
Blackjebus wrote:
Yeah, once you have AIDS you don't have to worry about AIDS anymore. Instead you have to worry about colds.


18 Jul 2018, 20:12
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 24 Feb 2011, 14:26
Posts: 47396
Location: North Haverbrook
Post Re: Now Seeing - The Live Music Thread
Exorcist wrote:
Blasphomet wrote:
Exorcist wrote:
Rook wrote:
if you skip uada you fucked up


Death/grind > black metal when it comes to a gig. I learned my lesson at MDF. If I've got a band conflict, black metal loses the coin flip. Less pretty sonic vistas, more beatings.


Variety is the spice of life. Friday has the variety. Death, Grind, Black.

Saturday is basically just death righteousness.


Very true. Plus... Uada is really goddamn good.


We'll get stoned and then transcend. :)

I remember phen saw them and said they killed.

I just remembered they hadn't actually the exact running order yet, but honestly, I don't see it being much if any different from what I posted/what they said/the poster has shown.


18 Jul 2018, 21:30
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 29 Sep 2017, 14:39
Posts: 1508
Post Re: Now Seeing - The Live Music Thread
Blasphomet wrote:
I know I waffle on concerts a lot and shit, but unless someone mind melting like Urfaust or Cosmic Church miraculously play Mess des Morts, I think Quebec Deathfest is the fest for me this year. Just looking at the fact that for the Saturday, Foufounes Electriques is a 39 second walk (according to google maps) from Mtelus, that experience of multiple venues, with two that fucking close together is hard to pass up. Pretty rad. This is Saturday, and it's rad:

Mtelus:
Autopsy
Unleashed
Demolition Hammer
Grave
Exhorder
Necros Christos

Foufounes Electriques:
Agoraphobic Nosebleed
Skinless
Malignancy
Mortal Decay
Dehumanized
Venenum
Pessimist
Outre-Tombe
Hacavitz
Æpoch

And it sounds like they are trying to prevent any and all overlapping. As much as they can. Even Friday will be a cool back and forth between Fouf and Katacombss.


I would go to those shows with no hesitation. :beer:


19 Jul 2018, 01:38
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 09 Mar 2002, 21:00
Posts: 73973
Location: Ogdenville
Post Re: Now Seeing - The Live Music Thread
Blasphomet wrote:
Exorcist wrote:
Blasphomet wrote:
Exorcist wrote:
Rook wrote:
if you skip uada you fucked up


Death/grind > black metal when it comes to a gig. I learned my lesson at MDF. If I've got a band conflict, black metal loses the coin flip. Less pretty sonic vistas, more beatings.


Variety is the spice of life. Friday has the variety. Death, Grind, Black.

Saturday is basically just death righteousness.


Very true. Plus... Uada is really goddamn good.


We'll get stoned and then transcend. :)

I remember phen saw them and said they killed.

I just remembered they hadn't actually the exact running order yet, but honestly, I don't see it being much if any different from what I posted/what they said/the poster has shown.


I have to look up the MJ laws for Quebec since it gets legalized something like a week or two before QDF 8)

Hopefully you can smoke on the street like you can with cigarettes. That'd certainly make things way easier.

_________________
Blackjebus wrote:
Yeah, once you have AIDS you don't have to worry about AIDS anymore. Instead you have to worry about colds.


19 Jul 2018, 09:14
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 24 Feb 2011, 14:26
Posts: 47396
Location: North Haverbrook
Post Re: Now Seeing - The Live Music Thread
You can now, because who gives a fuck lol. :) We just go out back/side behind Katacombes and smoke dope. I'll just smoke a joint or pipe there, or this time walking between venues if I feel like it. Not sure about the other venues but I assume very much the same.

I never concern myself with it unless a venue expresses they don't want it. Be it Toronto or Montreal. I'm actually glad Opera House got rid of that fenced off smoking section at the side there. They didn't want you smoking weed in there, but now everytone just goes out on the sidewalk like non-cattle to smoke, and everyone just smokes weed. Believe me, I/we won't be alone.


19 Jul 2018, 11:10
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 09 Mar 2002, 21:00
Posts: 73973
Location: Ogdenville
Post Re: Now Seeing - The Live Music Thread
Blasphomet wrote:
You can now, because who gives a fuck lol. :) We just go out back/side behind Katacombes and smoke dope. I'll just smoke a joint or pipe there, or this time walking between venues if I feel like it. Not sure about the other venues but I assume very much the same.

I never concern myself with it unless a venue expresses they don't want it. Be it Toronto or Montreal. I'm actually glad Opera House got rid of that fenced off smoking section at the side there. They didn't want you smoking weed in there, but now everytone just goes out on the sidewalk like non-cattle to smoke, and everyone just smokes weed. Believe me, I/we won't be alone.


The new fines for public consumption, at least in Ontario, are nothing to sneeze at. I'll more than likely just light up anyways, but I'd MUCH prefer to be able to do it without keeping an eye open for police who have nothing else important to do.

_________________
Blackjebus wrote:
Yeah, once you have AIDS you don't have to worry about AIDS anymore. Instead you have to worry about colds.


19 Jul 2018, 11:35
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 24 Feb 2011, 14:26
Posts: 47396
Location: North Haverbrook
Post Re: Now Seeing - The Live Music Thread
Exorcist wrote:
Blasphomet wrote:
You can now, because who gives a fuck lol. :) We just go out back/side behind Katacombes and smoke dope. I'll just smoke a joint or pipe there, or this time walking between venues if I feel like it. Not sure about the other venues but I assume very much the same.

I never concern myself with it unless a venue expresses they don't want it. Be it Toronto or Montreal. I'm actually glad Opera House got rid of that fenced off smoking section at the side there. They didn't want you smoking weed in there, but now everytone just goes out on the sidewalk like non-cattle to smoke, and everyone just smokes weed. Believe me, I/we won't be alone.


The new fines for public consumption, at least in Ontario, are nothing to sneeze at. I'll more than likely just light up anyways, but I'd MUCH prefer to be able to do it without keeping an eye open for police who have nothing else important to do.


Are the fines any different than they were when it was illegal though?


19 Jul 2018, 11:44
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 09 Mar 2002, 21:00
Posts: 73973
Location: Ogdenville
Post Re: Now Seeing - The Live Music Thread
Blasphomet wrote:
Exorcist wrote:
Blasphomet wrote:
You can now, because who gives a fuck lol. :) We just go out back/side behind Katacombes and smoke dope. I'll just smoke a joint or pipe there, or this time walking between venues if I feel like it. Not sure about the other venues but I assume very much the same.

I never concern myself with it unless a venue expresses they don't want it. Be it Toronto or Montreal. I'm actually glad Opera House got rid of that fenced off smoking section at the side there. They didn't want you smoking weed in there, but now everytone just goes out on the sidewalk like non-cattle to smoke, and everyone just smokes weed. Believe me, I/we won't be alone.


The new fines for public consumption, at least in Ontario, are nothing to sneeze at. I'll more than likely just light up anyways, but I'd MUCH prefer to be able to do it without keeping an eye open for police who have nothing else important to do.


Are the fines any different than they were when it was illegal though?


A couple grand vs a couple hundred IIRC.

_________________
Blackjebus wrote:
Yeah, once you have AIDS you don't have to worry about AIDS anymore. Instead you have to worry about colds.


19 Jul 2018, 11:55
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 24 Feb 2011, 14:26
Posts: 47396
Location: North Haverbrook
Post Re: Now Seeing - The Live Music Thread
I just read it said $1000. But I don't buy it. I honestly don't see it being enforced. If I received a ticket I'd fight the shit out of it. I think they are just trying to deter people from getting high in parks with kids around and shit. We'll see.

Just gotta be careful either way.


19 Jul 2018, 11:59
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 24 Feb 2011, 14:26
Posts: 47396
Location: North Haverbrook
Post Re: Now Seeing - The Live Music Thread
Also, I can't for the life of me remember the last time, if ever, I've been smoking a doob and a cop just happened to stroll by. :lol:


19 Jul 2018, 12:03
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 18 Dec 2005, 17:51
Posts: 10421
Location: Downtown Fucktown
Post Re: Now Seeing - The Live Music Thread
Blasphomet wrote:
You can now, because who gives a fuck lol. :) We just go out back/side behind Katacombes and smoke dope. .


Remember when I almost got myself and Mark Shelton thrown out of the Katakombes for smoking a joint on the terrace?

The look on The Sharks face when the french bouncer was yelling at us was priceless, his eyes grew to the size of dinner plates!


19 Jul 2018, 20:07
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 19 Jun 2006, 12:35
Posts: 18934
Location: Hell
Post Re: Now Seeing - The Live Music Thread
Ghost tickets just arrived for 11/25 :abbath: 8)


19 Jul 2018, 20:34
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 24 Feb 2011, 14:26
Posts: 47396
Location: North Haverbrook
Post Re: Now Seeing - The Live Music Thread
Ruke wrote:
Blasphomet wrote:
You can now, because who gives a fuck lol. :) We just go out back/side behind Katacombes and smoke dope. .


Remember when I almost got myself and Mark Shelton thrown out of the Katakombes for smoking a joint on the terrace?

The look on The Sharks face when the french bouncer was yelling at us was priceless, his eyes grew to the size of dinner plates!


:roll:

Yeah the terrace was a no go. You and I smoked out back in the lot after that I believe.

The place would have been mighty upset with you had the Shark gotten tossed. :lol:

That possibility changed as soon as the smoking laws came into effect and you couldn't smoke on the terrace anymore.


19 Jul 2018, 20:39
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 18 Aug 2011, 08:51
Posts: 4708
Location: new jersey
Post Re: Now Seeing - The Live Music Thread
The Magpie Salute On Sept. 7th.


20 Jul 2018, 13:56
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 12 Dec 2004, 08:29
Posts: 20846
Location: nj
Post Re: Now Seeing - The Live Music Thread
i smoke weed at every single show i go to and it's definitely nowhere near legal in either state i go to shows in. if you smoke cigs you can get away with smoking weed outdoors anywere at all. that little metal tube that looks like a cigarette is the single most useful marijuana accessory ever devised.

_________________
did that butter churn just move? cause if it did.....


20 Jul 2018, 13:58
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 12 Dec 2004, 08:29
Posts: 20846
Location: nj
Post Re: Now Seeing - The Live Music Thread
pack it before going outside for a smoke, have the real cig in your hand already. step out, light the weed, light the cig, exhale, light it again. people's brains just see you lighting a cigarette. doesn't matter how many times they see you do it. they smell the weed, look around and just see you smoking a cig.

_________________
did that butter churn just move? cause if it did.....


20 Jul 2018, 14:00
Profile
Metal Guru
User avatar

Joined: 09 Mar 2002, 21:00
Posts: 73973
Location: Ogdenville
Post Re: Now Seeing - The Live Music Thread
phencyclidine wrote:
i smoke weed at every single show i go to and it's definitely nowhere near legal in either state i go to shows in. if you smoke cigs you can get away with smoking weed outdoors anywere at all. that little metal tube that looks like a cigarette is the single most useful marijuana accessory ever devised.


Being discreet is so alien to me :lol:

I live in the country. If anybody can actually see me smoking weed, they're trespassing.

_________________
Blackjebus wrote:
Yeah, once you have AIDS you don't have to worry about AIDS anymore. Instead you have to worry about colds.


20 Jul 2018, 14:16
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1230 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 46, 47, 48, 49, 50  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 18 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  


Google
 
Web www.bravewords.com

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by Vjacheslav Trushkin for Free Forums/DivisionCore.