It is currently 23 Jul 2014, 15:12

Bands You Won't See Again Unless... 
Headbanger

Post Bands You Won't See Again Unless...
Bands you've seen so many times, or had a bad experience, or whatever and you won't see them again unless they do something special, have good support, etc.

Children of Bodom. I don't listen to them too much anymore and I've seen them plenty of times. But if they were ever to play Something Wild and/or Hatebreeder front to back I would go see them again.

Lamb of God kind of the same deal. I have only seen them twice but I don't listen to them too much anymore. But if they do As The Palaces Burn and/or Ashes of the Wake in full I would check it out.

I still love Megadeth but live they've gone down a few pegs. If they were to play Peace Sells in full I'd go see that for sure.

18 Jul 2014, 16:22
Metal Guru

Post Re: Bands You Won't See Again Unless...
Morbid Angel. No more till they rebound from that last abortion of an album :(

18 Jul 2014, 16:29
Metal Guru

I've been bored of seeing Children of Bodom for the past few years but their recent show in Toronto has spark an interest again. Their recent album seems to be their better work in a long time.

18 Jul 2014, 18:52
Profile WWW
Metal Guru

Megadeth came to my mind immediately. I saw them on the Clash of the Titans thrash tour back in the early 90's with Anthrax and Slayer (and Alice In Chains). Then again,many years later, opening for Heaven and Hell. Boring as hell both times.

You know your band is not meant for the stage when a band of 60+ year old men blows you away.

Metal bitch inferno
666 fucking beer
Metal bitch inferno
Fucking metal madness

18 Jul 2014, 20:14
Metal Guru

I saw Megadeth on the tour with Exodus and Testament a few years ago when they played RIP in full. I thought that they were solid live. Not great, but I enjoyed it and it seemed like they did too. I wouldn’t go out of my way again though, because I saw most of what I wanted to at that show, and it seems like I might have caught them on a good night.

I will not see Entombed again, unless the L.G.less version actually materializes and tours. The were amazing on the Wolverine Blues Tour, kind of Ok when I saw them on the To Ride tour right after Andersson left, and only watchable because I was drunk and the set list was good at MDF a few years ago. L.G. is shot, and the band that is backing him isn’t Entombed anymore. :(

18 Jul 2014, 20:22
Metal Guru

stallan2.0 wrote:
Bands you've seen so many times, or had a bad experience, or whatever and you won't see them again unless they do something special, have good support, etc.

Children of Bodom. I don't listen to them too much anymore and I've seen them plenty of times. But if they were ever to play Something Wild and/or Hatebreeder front to back I would go see them again.

Lamb of God kind of the same deal. I have only seen them twice but I don't listen to them too much anymore. But if they do As The Palaces Burn and/or Ashes of the Wake in full I would check it out.

I still love Megadeth but live they've gone down a few pegs. If they were to play Peace Sells in full I'd go see that for sure.

I agree on Bodom. But i'd probably add on "Follow the Reaper" to "Hatecrew". Didn't care enough about much after Hatecrew. But I mean, I've already seen that shit. So... Put out a fantastic album or two, then i'll be back.

President Bagel wrote:
Seriously, chill out, everypony. It's not everyone else's fault you're still using a 14.4k modem.

18 Jul 2014, 20:35
Metal Guru

I am not a big Children of Bodom fan, but I enoyed watching them the two times I saw them. I liked how the keyboard player did a lot of that wacky shit with one hand while he pounded beer after beer with the other. Not my thing really, but they had fun when I saw them, and I enjoyed watching them.

18 Jul 2014, 20:38
Metal Guru

Anhur wrote:
I am not a big Children of Bodom fan, but I enoyed watching them the two times I saw them. I liked how the keyboard player did a lot of that wacky shit with one hand while he pounded beer after beer with the other. Not my thing really, but they had fun when I saw them, and I enjoyed watching them.

Yup. Fun is pretty key for me. I'd take a fun performance over a just like the record performance any day. Still, whenever they've come around recently, i've thought, "Eh, I haven't really liked what they've done recently". So, I end up passing. Now, if I caught that as an opener to someone I was there to see, I might get sold again.

President Bagel wrote:
Seriously, chill out, everypony. It's not everyone else's fault you're still using a 14.4k modem.

18 Jul 2014, 21:17
Metal Guru

Probably Cannibal Corpse because I've seen them so many times and ticket prices continue to rise.

Sadus-Elements of Anger
Megadeth-So far, so good, so what!

19 Jul 2014, 01:37
Metal Guru

The Devil wrote:
Morbid Angel. No more till they rebound from that last abortion of an album :(

19 Jul 2014, 04:11
Profile YIM WWW
Metal Guru

I'd go see Morbid Angel if they toured with Steve Tucker and ignored the nu-Vincent material, much like they ignored the Tucker material when Vincent first rejoined the band. That era may not be as strong as classic MA but it's a damn sight better than anything they've done since.

At this point I would probably only go out of my way to see Finntroll if they were doing something special, like a one-off performance with Katla joining in and doing lots of classic stuff.

Brütal Wülfsex: "SWORD WIELDING ALPHA METAL" - Rocky Dennis
Sylvus
Misthelm

19 Jul 2014, 05:43
Profile WWW
Metal Guru

i agree about bodom. if they only played the first 3, id totally be there.

i am tired of tyr plying main support and getting 45 minutes. if they got a full set that would be rad, but i am tired of paying full price to see them be the main support for a band i care way less about.

Big Metal Dude wrote:
fālsëpøsê.

Rocky Dennis wrote:
Manowar calls, you fucking answer. No excuses, no regrets. Hail and Kill.

19 Jul 2014, 05:57
Metal Guru

Location: Spitting darts from the tip of a glacier used for my hideout
Converge. Band has been getting me sleepy the last few times they've come through. I wish they hung it up years ago, but if they did Jane Doe or A LOT of pre-Jane Doe stuff, I'd probably go.

19 Jul 2014, 09:59
Profile WWW
Metal Guru

Anhur wrote:
I saw Megadeth on the tour with Exodus and Testament a few years ago when they played RIP in full. I thought that they were solid live. Not great, but I enjoyed it and it seemed like they did too. I wouldn’t go out of my way again though, because I saw most of what I wanted to at that show, and it seems like I might have caught them on a good night.

I will not see Entombed again, unless the L.G.less version actually materializes and tours. The were amazing on the Wolverine Blues Tour, kind of Ok when I saw them on the To Ride tour right after Andersson left, and only watchable because I was drunk and the set list was good at MDF a few years ago. L.G. is shot, and the band that is backing him isn’t Entombed anymore. :(

This might be a bad sign for the band, but I know (I think) I saw Entombed live around 2005 or 2006. I just can't remember much of the experience.

19 Jul 2014, 10:03
Metal Guru

Katatonia. Once was enough. Boring as fuck. I'll stick to the albums. They should see Anathema a few times to see how it's done.

19 Jul 2014, 12:41
Profile YIM
Metal Guru

Clutch. Seen them numerous times. The last time they were opening for Motorhead. I'm not sure what happened but Neil Fallon has become such a boring frontman. Sang with such little passion. They bored me. Almost seemed like he didn't want to be there. Unlike when I saw them years ago when he was such a mad man on stage. Unless they come to town with a band I really want to see I'll probably never see them again.

19 Jul 2014, 13:09
Metal Guru

Anhur wrote:

Entombed really hasn't been Entombed since Nick left.

Burst Command Til War wrote:
You are never allowed in my house.

19 Jul 2014, 13:15
Profile ICQ WWW
Metal Guru

Pantera, unless they get Dime back :)

-Arseface

19 Jul 2014, 17:09
Metal Guru

Clad In Shadows wrote:
Anhur wrote:

Entombed really hasn't been Entombed since Nick left.

He was the creative heart of the band up until he left, and a very important figure in death metal as a whole. I still don’t see any reason why a line up with two or three original members and a couple of new guys couldn’t rip though a convincing set of classics though. That hasn’t been the case, and LG hasn’t sounded good in ages. On the To Ride… tour, the stuff from that album was fine, but the older stuff sounded off. The last time I saw them everything was off, and they were stupid drunk. I am done with them unless a different line up surfaces with a new vocalist. They should get the Nirvana 2002 dude that sang on the Crawl EP, or maybe Jorgen Sandstrom on vocals and bass. Anyway, I am a major fan boy of the Andersson stuff, and feel grateful to have seen them when they were close to their prime. They were a true juggernaut on that Wolverine Blues tour, blew my mind. Chaos Breed basically ripped me in two when they played it.

19 Jul 2014, 17:45
Metal Guru

I would add Megadeth as well unless they have a tour where they only play the classics. I don't want to hear their new crap.

Sadus-Elements of Anger
Megadeth-So far, so good, so what!

21 Jul 2014, 08:21
Metal Guru

Crazy from the Heat wrote:
Clutch. Seen them numerous times. The last time they were opening for Motorhead. I'm not sure what happened but Neil Fallon has become such a boring frontman. Sang with such little passion. They bored me. Almost seemed like he didn't want to be there.

He's trying to personify what their albums sound like....stale garbage.

21 Jul 2014, 08:46
Metal Guru

alterofcain wrote:
Katatonia. Once was enough. Boring as fuck. I'll stick to the albums.

Saw them co-headline with Moonspell and, yes, they were hella boring.

21 Jul 2014, 08:47
Metal Guru

slayer unless they pay for the whole show's bar tab. fuck them.

adora vivos, our people are civilized, love the living while they're still alive. adora vivos, our people are civilized, we shouldn't worship the dead.

21 Jul 2014, 09:57
Metal Guru

ingenting wrote:
Converge. Band has been getting me sleepy the last few times they've come through. I wish they hung it up years ago, but if they did Jane Doe or A LOT of pre-Jane Doe stuff, I'd probably go.

Never saw them live, but I would certainly go see them if I had the chance. I'm surprised to hear that they're boring live. Is it because you don't like the more recent albums?

21 Jul 2014, 12:48
Profile WWW
Metal Guru

Location: Ottawa (the city that fun forgot but don't tell the bands that)
It won't happen now since they're retiring (or so they claim) but I'm done with seeing Motley Crue live unless Vince starts actually singing again.

Another one would be Metallica unless they bring some actual worthy openers (last time was in 2009 with Volbeat and Lamb Of God, both of whom nearly stole the show from the headliners in parts) and also start freshening up the setlist. Does anyone really need to hear "Enter Sandman" anymore at this point? They still can put on a good show but the setlist they've got right now has so much wasted potential and that's without anything off of St. Anger or Lulu.

A third would be The Atomic Bitchwax - also if they got some good openers. I actually fell asleep at their only show when they had some lame local shoegazer band open for them. Utter dreck.

A fourth would be I Mother Earth if they could get Edwin back. They desperately need each other.

A fifth would be Fishbone though they'd usually compensate with having one good band and one crap opener tour with them. Still, though.....Crowned King.....*gag*

Finally, the Ramones. Very obvious and yet inattainable reasons but back in the day when I saw them they were still as every bit of the fiery punk band that they were in the 70's (I saw them in 1992). My only regret is not having seen them twice.

21 Jul 2014, 13:57