It is currently 20 Dec 2014, 00:55

MORTUARY DRAPE - Spiritual Independence artwork revealed 
Metal Guru

Post MORTUARY DRAPE - Spiritual Independence artwork revealed
From http://nwnprod.com/forum/viewtopic.php? ... c&start=45 :

iron tyrant wrote:
MORTUARY DRAPE "Spiritual Independence" CD cover is shown below. Did I forget to say that the LP will have a totally different artwork, cover and layout? I guess so. CD release is in less than two weeks! LP around mid december.

:m:

23 Oct 2014, 16:52
Metal Guru

Post Re: MORTUARY DRAPE - Spiritual Independence artwork revealed
Perfect! :beer:

23 Oct 2014, 19:46
Metal Guru

Musically I'm hoping this is gonna destroy! That cover though?? Wow! :duh: :lol:

-Arseface

23 Oct 2014, 21:02
Metal Guru

Are you new to the Drape? :)

23 Oct 2014, 21:42
Metal Guru

Chaosmönger wrote:
Are you new to the Drape? :)

Not at all, I usually love their shrine covers. This....not so much. Looks like a parody or something

-Arseface

23 Oct 2014, 21:46
Metal Guru

In all seriousness though, it could have a donkey on the cover but if it sounds like 'Into the drape/All the witches dance' I will buy the fuck out of it!

-Arseface

23 Oct 2014, 21:51
Metal Guru

Whoa! Only two weeks away? I'm gonna be all over this. I'm a bit too lazy/busy to look. Any preorder options for this?

23 Oct 2014, 22:10
Metal Guru

CD pre-order: http://www.irontyrant.net/catalog/produ ... e661de4057

27 Oct 2014, 03:20
Metal Guru

:m:

27 Oct 2014, 22:26
Headbanger

A band that, thus far, I haven't checked out.

Which album should I start with?

That's what I had for breakfast.

27 Oct 2014, 23:44
Metal Guru

I always start at the beginning when checking out a band that has several releases under their belt, which in this case would be Into the Drape. However, if you're not like me, I highly recommend Secret Sudaria, which is one of my favorites (and one of their most revered albums).

"Vengeance From Beyond" (from Into the Drape): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDxr-56PH-8

"Madness" (from Secret Sudaria): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-GXLV6r6FY

28 Oct 2014, 00:26
Headbanger

Thanks.

That's what I had for breakfast.

28 Oct 2014, 00:33
Metal Guru

No problem.

28 Oct 2014, 00:37
Metal Guru

Secret Sudaria is the place to start with the Drape if you ask me.

And then after that, you check out Varathron - His Majesty at the Swamp. Why? Because its godly, obviously

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=leave+the+hall

28 Oct 2014, 15:43
Metal Guru

From http://www.mortuary13drape.com/NewsList.aspx :

Quote:
Latest News
23 October 2014 - "Spiritual Independence" CD cover
"Spiritual Independence" CD cover is shown below.
The LP will have a totally different artwork, cover and layout.....
CD release is in less than two weeks! LP around mid december.

LIMITED EDITIONS:
• Big wooden box book set, limited 110 copies.
• Medium wooden box book set, limited 110 copies.
• Picture Disc LP with cover, limited 230 copies.
For buy these 3 items, please contact the band at:info@mortuary13drape.com

From https://www.facebook.com/mortuarydrape :

Quote:
Mortuary Drape
October 24
The day After !!!!! MORTUARY DRAPE "Spiritual Independence"
- Big wooden box book set, limited 110 copies (62 pieces still available)
- Medium wooden box book set, limited 110 copies (74 pieces still available)
- Picture Disc LP, limited 230 copies (159 pieces still available)

For buy these 3 items, please contact the band at: info@mortuary13drape.com

Mortuary Drape
October 21
MORTUARY DRAPE "Spiritual Independence" CD/LP
Luxury editions, available straight from the band:

• Large wooden box book set, limited 110 copies
(contains digicross CD, T-shirt, 2 embroidered patches, badge holder, 2 stickers, 2 pins, Poster)
- PREORDER ITEM ONLY, please specify the T-shirt size!

• Small wooden box book set, limited 110 copies
(contains digicross CD, embroidered patch, 2 stickers, 2 pins)

• Picture Disc 12” LP with cover, limited 230 copies
(contains also badge holder, Poster, pin, embroidered patch).

In order to buy any of the 3 items, please contact the band directly at: info@mortuary13drape.com

29 Oct 2014, 10:16
Metal Guru

First reviews are in. From http://metalpurgatory.com/2014/10/24/mo ... ependence/ :

Quote:
Italy is full of amazing music, food and culture but when it comes to blackened death metal, the first thing that comes to mind is MORTUARY DRAPE. Many say they are Italy’s oldest black metal outfit, forming in 1987, but they are also one of the greatest in their genre. For those who do not know, it has been ten years since the band’s last full length titled Buried In Time. Now they are back with Spiritual Independence which sounds like the group has never missed a step and rather has kicked it up a notch.

Spiritual Independence is a full blown audial assault. Many fans were deeply disappointed with their last studio album due to the fact that it steered away from their original sound that was known by all fans through the 90s but after ten years of reconfiguring the band and reassessing their sound, they have returned to their roots moving from the known elements of aggressive and fast Italian metal to more of a gloomy and macabre state. Tracks like Lithany and Mortal Remains have an atmosphere of lingering gloom that blends with almost a old school death metal meets first wave Scandinavian black metal sound. The production is clear and clean without being polished which adds to the sound of their return to their roots. The guitars and bass interweave each other making the album more unique in just the fact that the bass is heard and prominent.

The group has put in all their effort and hard work into this release and it shows. No one should be disappointed with this album from the old school death metal fans to the black metal underground, this album belongs in your collection. Tales of grave desecration, morbid revelry and occult rituals have been told by Mortuary Drape since their inception and Spiritual Independence continues in this tradition which should leave any metal fan content. If you are a fan of dark and grim music that blurs the lines between black and death metal with a touch of ferocity and melodious texture, this album is for you.

MY VOTE:

5.0 / 5.0

From http://www.queensofsteel.com/2014/10/mo ... ependence/ (Google Chrome translation):

Quote:
Ten years of silence are for those who have passed the Italian MORTUARY DRAPE since his last "Buried in Time", a work which disappointed many old fans to leave almost entirely all that the combo had represented since late was launched 80, at all levels. And in a group like them, not only the music matters. The band itself is aware of it, so their leader, Wildness Perversion, sought a new lineup, and this has created "Spiritual Independence", a plastic that becomes full, in all aspects (and the cover makes clear) the roots of Mediterranean training. So good news for his followers, something that can not always say after a decade of silence. It is easy to see that, in 2014 and after a modern work, a group back to what they did during the 90s seems that the same evil forces that accompanied the group to the top continues to guide them on their way decades later.

I've never understood the need to label a group as MORTUARY DRAPE, I never understood how some people can believe that actually fit into a style. ¿Black? ¿Death Metal? ¿"Blackened" Death Metal? Personally I think they are much more melodic base, drinking a lot of heavy metal, with touches of Thrash (especially guitar), nods to Black Metal (even the Norwegian early 90s) and some of Death's traditional ( especially of vocal). Or, put another way, have the Italian sound, rather than focusing on creating something brutal and melodic, away from focusing on the music, they prefer to create ambiance. Build the creepy atmosphere and gloomy as possible, sometimes even bordering on the theatrical. And if MORTUARY DRAPE atmosphere, which turns them into his own world, his own microcosm, is the beginning and end of creation. From his Great Work. A work in which everything comes together: art, literature, music and even aesthetics, another important part of the combo and vision. It is almost an alchemical process, in which each element, however small it may seem, it is essential and finishes building his own Philosopher's Stone, something large and magnificent, magical. A sense of everything, a mysterious and sinister charming atmosphere, which was lacking in his recent compacts, and recovered here.

Musically sometimes return at times to "All the Witches Dance" with a bass with a lot of character and a strong presence, arpeggios and big guitar riffs and good solos, strategically placed and flow naturally without breaking the course native disk without subtracting effect to the music. Indeed communion between guitars and bass is exquisite. And finally channeling these divine forces and sing to the occult, sinister and powerful voice of Wildness Perversion they performing odes to Gnosticism "1600 Gnostic Year" ("Scripture Gnostic" were sealed and hidden around 1,600 years ago) or worshiping death "Ignis Fatuus (Deaf Space)", according to esoteric tradition that has always marked the path of MORTUARY DRAPE. Rituals sonic running in interesting musical transitions that create different parts, not just in one round, but in the same song (with the end result very entertaining). Many dynamic, giving more depth to each of the topics. On the other hand, the production is much more rugged and natural in his previous plate, very eighties or even maquetera, returning in this regard also to its roots.

"Spiritual Independence" is the work that looks back to MORTUARY DRAPE in all its glory. Back to what made them be who they are. Again make it clear that no label is sufficient, combining styles and always sounding like the 90. An entertaining and equally unique, with a brilliant composition album.

"Spiritual Independence" is a song in the occult. It's a sonic ritual. It is the fact underworld music, and you can feel it through the flames and the damp cold. MORTUARY DRAPE continue to have a guide who channeled hymns to the invisible in this ode to spirituality.

Iron Tyrant (2014)

Score: 9/10

29 Oct 2014, 10:20
Metal Guru

Two song public advance for MORTUARY DRAPE's new album, due officially out on November 14 through Iron Tyrant: https://soundcloud.com/iron-tyrant/sets ... romo-songs

13 Nov 2014, 11:11
Metal Guru

Cover artwork is very much in line with MORTUARY DRAPE's best albums... I like.

13 Nov 2014, 12:02
Profile ICQ
Metal Guru

Seeing this band live was one of the saddest things I've seen at a concert. Fat, lazy and utterly terrible. The face paint was goofier than usual.

13 Nov 2014, 19:55
Metal Guru

Where and when did you see them live? They were scheduled to perform at a Rites of Darkness fest in San Antonio but cancelled.

13 Nov 2014, 20:36
Metal Guru

Ajna has it in stock.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=leave+the+hall

17 Nov 2014, 21:37
Metal Guru

Malefic wrote:
Seeing this band live was one of the saddest things I've seen at a concert. Fat, lazy and utterly terrible. The face paint was goofier than usual.

I've seen numerous MD live videos from different periods and I always thought they were great. The singer is fat, fuck...who cares? That taylor swift has rotten your grey matter, boy!

-Arseface

18 Nov 2014, 22:49
Metal Guru

From http://www.voicesfromthedarkside.de/Alb ... e7e46aadd4 :

Quote:
MORTUARY DRAPE
Spiritual Independence
(Iron Tyrant)
46:17min

Very few bands nowadays carry on the flag of quality with their name. Italy’s legend MORTUARY DRAPE is without a doubt one of the few, one of the proud. A decade has passed since their last full length “Buried In Time"; an album that has been criticized by many die-hard fans of the band as not being in the same mystical and occult league as their previous works, but an album I must say, I think is as good as any other from their career, if maybe has a bit more “brighter” sound and a more Death Metallic guitar tone.

Mastermind Wildness Perversion then took the right time to assemble a new line-up, and then unleashed a new horse of apocalypse upon mankind with this new album. And, for those knowing the band is a blind purchase. And once it spins it will devour your soul. Yes, their style is intact, and for those following this band since back in 1986, since the first notes of “Lithany” one can hear that their necromantic form of occult and quality Black Metal is there.

MORTUARY DRAPE's sound relies a lot on traditional Heavy Metal, being VENOM, MERCYFUL FATE, very early IRON MAIDEN and JUDAS PRIEST as well as obvious BLACK SABBATH as part of their sound. Then it becomes more corrosive with the touches of bands like very early DEATH, SLAYER, SODOM and BATHORY to mix it up with their very personal touch. And that style has been with them forever.

Their compositions, which I must add are done with great detail, and great performance (I must mention Wildness Perversion also did the drums on this one although live he only does vocals), have always been done with a very occult and deep atmosphere, with a feeling I can only describe as a dungeon-like essence of an old Monastery which secretly practices occult rituals.

The band is no stranger to melody, and has mastered the art of introducing it in every sense with a suffocating atmosphere. And Wildness Perversion's vocals are a bit deeper and brutal than in previous efforts, giving the album an identity of its own.

After many listenings to the album, yes, there is a certain similarity with their previous efforts like my all-time favorite “Secret Sudaria”. If we need to wait another decade for a new MORTUARY DRAPE album, so be it. As with every release this band does, probably my top contender for album of the year.

www.mortuary13drape.com
www.facebook.com/mortuarydrape
www.irontyrant.net

Julián ”Black Candle” Núñez

19 Nov 2014, 11:21
Metal Guru

Blunt Shovel of Ignorance wrote:
In all seriousness though, it could have a donkey on the cover but if it sounds like 'Into the drape/All the witches dance' I will buy the fuck out of it!

Is it an... evil donkey?

19 Nov 2014, 11:35
Metal Guru

With a frickin' laser on its head!

19 Nov 2014, 11:41