It is currently 17 Feb 2018, 23:54

MORTUARY DRAPE - Necromantic Doom Returns 
Metal Guru

Post MORTUARY DRAPE - Necromantic Doom Returns

11 Feb 2018, 23:01
Metal Guru

Post Re: MORTUARY DRAPE - Necromantic Doom Returns
I'd prefer a new album instead, but hey, I'll take it. The Drape!

12 Feb 2018, 00:34
Metal Guru

I want both!

I didn't like the change in vocal style on Spiritual Independence; too "brutal death metal" for the band, in my opinion. I'll have to revisit the album again and see if it will grow on me.

12 Feb 2018, 15:42

Listen, I was there. I understand. Seeing Mortuary Drape live sort of allowed me to process the things I love about this band. Live, the band was clad in costumes and played a fun variety of black / death which only got as dark as a screen playing Castlevania. I tried to explain my feelings for Mortuary Drape but I was too busy acting like a convulsing vampire to really form better arguments. I doubt I could do better now, but did you guys see that phrase "Astral bewitchment?" How in the world can you not love this? Come and be a rotting corpse with me.

It is true, out of all of the metal albums with carefully crafted texture and haunting atmosphere, Mortuary Drape doesn't seem like first pick for spooky vibes until you start listening to it and realize that you can dance between the line of living and death in an atmosphere of haunting headbanging. Before bands like ghost preached from a pulpit, there was music with more riffing and bells. Sure pictures like this don't really convey a sense of horror and dread but trust me, once you run through All The Witches Dance a few times, you'll be the guy or girl explaining your love for this band while confused onlookers watch you convulse like a zombie. :shred:

14 Feb 2018, 05:09
Profile WWW
Metal Guru

Listen, I was there. I understand. Seeing Cradle of Filth live sort of allowed me to process the things I love about this band. Live, the band was clad in costumes and played a fun variety of black / death which only got as dark as a screen playing Castlevania. I tried to explain my feelings for Cradle of Filth but I was too busy acting like a convulsing vampire to really form better arguments. I doubt I could do better now, but did you guys see that phrase "A Crescendo Of Passion Bleeding?" How in the world can you not love this? Come and be a rotting corpse with me.

It is true, out of all of the metal albums with carefully crafted texture and haunting atmosphere, Cradle of Filth doesn't seem like first pick for spooky vibes until you start listening to it and realize that you can dance between the line of living and death in an atmosphere of haunting headbanging. Before bands like ghost preached from a pulpit, there was music with more riffing and bells. Sure pictures like this don't really convey a sense of horror and dread but trust me, once you run through The Principle of Evil Made Flesh a few times, you'll be the guy or girl explaining your love for this band while confused onlookers watch you convulse like a zombie.

14 Feb 2018, 10:48
Metal Guru

:lol:

14 Feb 2018, 15:31